Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2002 8:18:11 AM EDT
Anyone have one, or have any of you shot the .300 WSM. I'm looking at getting a Winchester Model 70 .300 WSM. The balistic charts look great, just wondering if anyone has any experience with one. I've never owned a Winchester, but haven't heard anything bad about them. Probably with a Leupold VX-II scope if I can swing it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows anything about the Winchester Short Mag.? Just wanted to hear from anyone with any info on them since this is going to put me back some big bucks.

I know the balistic charts look impressive, and in theory it is a great cartridge.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
No actual experience with one, but it should combine the power of .300 win mag with the accuracy of .308 win. Sort of the best of both worlds. Less recoil than the .300 win mag, too.

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently completed building one of these on a Remington Model 700 short action, originally a 308 Win converted to 300 WSM. Used a Leupold VX3 scope, 2.5 x 8 power, and a McMillan stock. The rifle shoots very well and quite accurately with recoil less than a 300 Win Mag. I would expect that you would enjoy one in a Winchester action. JarheadGunner.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Win M70 Classic stainless. I put on a Boyd's t-hole stock and a Kahles AHS 3.5-10x50. I can't tell you anything about accuracy because I haven't fired it yet.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
One thing you will need to do is have a trigger job done. The Win trigger has alot of takeup and a heavy breaking point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top