Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2002 7:51:12 PM EDT
I like the look of this gun, and want to get a .45, but I was wondering if anyone had one or was familiar with the Charles Daly line of handguns. Are they reliable? I don't expect them to perform like a HK Mark 23 as far as endurance, but I dont want to get stuck with a piece of junk if I buy one. I haven't really heard anything about Charles Daly stuff, good or bad.

Are the compact DDA's small enough to conceal easily? I would like to get a CCW permit soon, and I want a pistol that can balance power and concealibilty.

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#1]

handguns.ar15.com

Charles Daly line of handguns are made in the Philippines by Armscorp and are of Cast not Forged. Early review by several members have been unfavorable. Mostly due to small parts breakage.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Their OK I had one until last month , traded it for a SMLE No4 Mk1 and some ammo .
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I've shot two Daly's, a Govt & Commander-style. Both had problmes in operation & I saw a front sight post go flying off one of them.

Ask yourself this: have you EVER seen a quality firearm come out of the Philippines? No.

Take the same amount of money & buy yourself a used Colt, Kimber or Springfield Armory. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
"JUNK"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top