Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 5:51:28 PM EDT
I recently scored 3 GI magazines for 20$ each (recently refinished too). I was just wondering if all GI 30rd mags are created equal? I got a center, a parsons, and a sanchez. Just wondering if any one of them is more reliable than the other, or about the same?
Thanks

http://www.gunsandammo.com/pixhost/2002-04-07/safetypup_1018584682_MVC-127X.JPG
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The mags look great but unfortunately not all mags are created equal.

Go this link for more info.
www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/magazines/rawlesfaq.html
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeez... of the three you listed, they are all created equally.

Only Colts draw a little more because of the name.... not worth any more in quality or function.  Some Coopers had weld issues.

Yours are all identical, in fit, form, function, and value.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the FAQ on the magazine forum on this board.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 1:07:04 AM EDT
[#4]
nice mags. "Snikt". you a wolverine fan?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:58:09 AM EDT
[#5]
No not really, I got this nick years ago off a MUD. One of the immortals in that MUD was named Snikt
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I recently scored 3 GI magazines for 20$ each (recently refinished too). I was just wondering if all GI 30rd mags are created equal? I got a center, a parsons, and a sanchez. Just wondering if any one of them is more reliable than the other, or about the same?
Thanks

Where did you get them refinished?  They look good.  Also if I may interject I believe that all G.I. Mags were created equal with floor plates being the only true difference.  B.S. is B.S.  Colt, Bushmaster, Ford, Chevy they all run and they all have trouble from time to time.  Don't get caught up in the B.S.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Just because they are all USGI mags don't mean they are all built identical.

I bought 10 NIW OKay mags and 4 NIW Center Ind. mags. The Center Ind. mags fit tight in my Oly and wont drop free. The OKay mags fit better and they do drop free.

They both fit great and drop free from my Bushy.

I guess the Oly magwell is a little tighter but there is still a difference in the mags since one fits tighter than the other.

Also I have 10 new Thermolds that fit and function great in both rifles.

Just my opinion but I like the OKay mags about the best out of all the USGI mags.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Where did you get them refinished?  They look good.  Also if I may interject I believe that all G.I. Mags were created equal with floor plates being the only true difference.  B.S. is B.S.  Colt, Bushmaster, Ford, Chevy they all run and they all have trouble from time to time.  Don't get caught up in the B.S.

I actually didn't refinish them, I baught them refinished already. Sorry
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:26:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I said this in a trade neogotiation and the guy got mad and broke the deal off....

I SPECIFICALY remember cleaning a pile of mags in the Army. We stripped them all down, cleaned them all, then put them back together. Did we keep the floorplates with the mags...LMAO!

Since MOST USGI mags (except NIW) come from the military, I think its safe to say when discussing mags "The floorplate is a BLAH BLAH BLAH"......

Judging a mag on a floorplate is like Judging a book by its cover.....Mama always said mags were like a box of chocolates....I think you get the point.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:36:28 PM EDT
[#10]
i ahve a cooper that dont fit so hot, but okay and and adventureline are great. i assume its not a cooper mag issue, just an abused mag.

and 20$ for a refinished mag is pretty good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top