Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2002 3:34:12 PM EDT
Between the old and new style callapseable carbine stocks, what should I get? I notice the old stlye has a shorter butplate,and sling loop on the top of the stock. New style butplate is about 1 " longer and sling loop on bottom like a regular stock. Just your opinions and or experiences with both Thanks!!
      Foldemfast
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the older four-position telescopers from Colt.  The new ones (fiberlites?) are a little too big too take advantage of the stocks compactness.

I once found a happy medium by sanding off the lower 1'' of one of the new stocks and attaching the sling through the slot and around the spring tube.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the new style
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Would an aluminum CAR stock be better than the fiberlite stocks?

I put a cheek rest on my fiberlite stock (it was a bitch to put on, had to soak it in hot water and it still took me forever to force it on) and it pinched the stock so tight it made it hard to move forward or back on the buffer tube.

I was thinking about an aluminum stock to correct this but I picked up a rifle at a gunshow with an aluminum stock and it rattled quite a bit. Do they all rattle like that??
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the new 6-position type from DPMS and it has a lil bit of slop in it.  Other than that it's okay.  It seems to me that everyone else likes the older 4-position types.  I see them everywhere.  The salesman told me that the new 6-position stocks were the "M4 Style" and that they were more comfy to shoot because of the angled butt.

All aluminum ones I've seen rattle a bunch.

Try them all out before you buy one and go with the one you like the best, not what other people like or dislike.  You're the one who's got to live with the decision.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Before you decide, I suggest you check-out
the ACE riflestocks. Both the skeleton and
the Boomtube stocks are very lightweight.
Though they do not collapse, they are quite
trick. The Boomtube stock is adjustable over
about 1 to 1 1/2 inches, not much but does
allow you to tailor length of pull and
heel cant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top