Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2002 10:23:39 AM EDT
i wanted to know if anyone had experience with the titanium revolvers made by taurus.  i'm specifically interested in the 41 mag with a 4" barrel.  thanks, sloth
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#1]
overheard two guys (employees) at my neighborhood gun shop talking about them. no real details, but said they were crap.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the .357 TI Tracker.  It is a nice weapon.  The only complaint that I have the trigger pull.  It is like dragging a brick over sand paper.  I took it to Tommy over at Weapon Work (a local gunsmith) and $65.00 later I love it.  He was able to smooth out the double action and gave me a target trigger in single action.  It is easy to carry and a pleasure to shoot.  Thanks again Tommy
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
A friend has one.  Recoil is "snappy" at the very least.  Even if you shoot .44 full-house, you probably wouldn't like to shoot a couple of boxes in one session.  One his, he had some trouble with the trigger return spring being too weak.

HTH....SRM
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:31:43 AM EDT
[#4]
seems like I read somewhere that if you shot several cylinders full, fairly quickly, and it heated up the cylinder wouldn't rotate, other than that they liked it ok.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the 2" snubby .357..
I bought it when they first came out.
First I want to say that I carry the Taurus regularly now and it now functions 100% depend your life on.
Initially though it was another story.
The cylinder would "freeze" up after a few speedloads at the range. My gunsmith had to "play" with the gun several time before we got it to operate 100%
Also needed a good trigger job.
As far as how the gun works once a competent gunsmith gets thru with it, the grip really helps tame recoil, in my opinion.
The ports also help tame recoil.
At short ranges under 25 feet I am confident enough in my skills and the gun to place bullets in a 'kill zone'.
follow up shots are fast but furious meaning a 2" .357 puts out a hell of a blast with lots of noise, smoke, flames, and a good wrist snap that takes alot of practice to master.

This gun, in my opinion is NOT one to purchase if you are NOT willing to put time into it to master!!!
The 4" version will probably offer less recoil but will most definatly have the other 'problem' mentioned unless Taurus has already addressed the cylinder freeze issue!
On a happy note the 2" is an absolute pleasure to carry all day, it seems completely unaffected by sweat and all the lint and stuff that builds up from regular concealed carry.
On my body frame it hides well, positions nicely, and is quick to draw.
It now goes bang no matter what and provides me with 7 .357 rounds.
It handles a speedloader OK with practice.
I would shy away from the 4" though. I feel there are many better revolvers on the market for you to invest your money on, especially used colt's and smith's of superior quality for similar to slightly higher price range.
Hope this helps in your desicion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top