Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 8:14:38 AM EDT
Since there aren't any ranges listed in the range locator for my little corner of the world, I'm going to be range hopping through south Georgia/north Florida/eastern Alabama(iffy on Alabama).  Any of you got any suggestions for ranges in these areas?  I'll be coming off final exams in about two weeks and ready to send a couple thousand rounds downrange at a lane near you.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
http://downtown.ala.net/~tsgc/
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to live in Gainesville and Ocala Florida. I used to go to the WMA range in the Ocala National Forest. It is a pretty nice range, but it is only a 100 yard range. There is a new range in Gainesville, it is on the north side of town. I do not know the name, but have seen some people here post a website. I believe Lake City has a range also that some other Florida Boys post about here on AR15.com. You might want to try a search here or on the web.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
We've got a non supervised public 100yd range about 15 minutes south of Tallahassee if that's close to you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.  I'm right on the Georgia/Florida border along I75, so anything in north Florida is fair game.  I might even head down that way this weekend.  If you could email me more info about the ranges there, I'd appreciate it (more specific directions, range fees, places to stay in the area, etc.).
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Get off of I-10 at the Tallahassee Airport exit and head toward the Airport(follow signs). Pass the Airport and turn right at the first Stop light(Spring Hill). Continue several miles untill you reach Tom Roberts road and take a right. Follow signs and the range is free

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 9:06:39 PM EDT
[#6]
For those of you in the Tallahassee, FL area today (Tuesday 30APR02), I'll be at the range posted here.  Any of y'all with black rifles are welcome to join me.  I know it's short notice, but hell, who doesn't have fun at the spur of the moment?  I'm going to try to get there before noon and fire until I'm out of ammo (about 500 rounds).  Hope to see y'all out there.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
For Northern Florida, there is a pretty decent range off of Highway 90 in Lake City.  On the last Sunday of every month there is the Florida Defensive Carbine Club, with courses and pop-up targets that is a good time.  It's off exit OLD 82 from I-75.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
My advice for the Tallahassee range is to bring some duct tape or even a few nails and a hammer.  I have often encountered totally shot-up target frames (darn shotguns!) that you may need to fix up a bit before shooting.  Enjoy shooting in the woods!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For Northern Florida, there is a pretty decent range off of Highway 90 in Lake City.  On the last Sunday of every month there is the Florida Defensive Carbine Club, with courses and pop-up targets that is a good time.  It's off exit OLD 82 from I-75.

Here are some links:

Osceola Rifle & Pistol Range <---Lake City Range
www.atlantic.net/~scoop10/

Florida Defensive Carbine Club
fdcc.homestead.com/FDCCNEWS.html

St. Johns Sports Shooting Society <---St. Aug.
sjsss.homestead.com/index.html

Gainesville Target Range, Inc. <---N. G-ville
www.gtri.ws/index2.htm

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
http://downtown.ala.net/~tsgc/

downtown.ala.net/~tsgc/

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be heading back to South Florida through that area on Saturday. I will be stopping at SCGAA (Seminole County Gun and Archery Association) on Sunday for Public Day. Though, that is probably a little too far for somebody in S. Georgia.

There is a range in the Ocala NF. But, from what I've heard (never been there myself) from people that have been there, you shoot at your own risk (of life and limb.)

There is some kind of WMA type range outside Lake City. But, I don't have any specifics. There is Saint John's Shooting Sports in Saint Augustine. Then again, that is also a little far for most people. Then again, I drove to New Orleans (200 miles from Pensacola) just to get tickets for the $300 Million Powerball a while back.

100 miles south from y'all is about Orlando. 200 miles south is about Okechobee. 100 miles north would be Macon and 200 miles, Atlanta. So, I guess it would depend on how ar you want to drive.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I got good and lost looking for the range today and eventually gave up.  My poor rifle's never going to get fired.  Maybe I'll try Lake City next week.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a shoot and match coming up in north Alabama on 18 May. This will be the 12th annual Heart of Dixie Shoot-N-Match. This event is open to anyone and there is no charge to enter except for the sub gun match. There will be food and ammo available and many of the shooters will allow others to shoot thier weapons if you buy the ammo. The info and directions are on the events board.

Tony G
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top