Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2002 9:45:28 PM EDT
Took out the new bushy varminter, WOW what a gun, first shot was on line, six clicks of elevation and its right on. Even with a cheapie tasco and my improved shooting, I manage to hold five shot dime groups @ 75. The bad thing I only brought 20 rounds, cleaned it after each 10 rounds. I'm liking it, but I need help.

I shot a couple 250 to 300 yards shots and it was low. I was using PMC 55 grain FMJ. What ammo do a need to reach out that far and still remain flat. One would think that you can shoot out that far without bullet drop, then again maybe not. Can someone enlighten me on what to use, how about some blackhills 62 grain or 69.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
You cant shoot that far and remain flat.  It will require hold over or adjustment of your scope.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You cant shoot that far and remain flat.  It will require hold over or adjustment of your scope.

Thanks for responding schapman, and excuse my ignorance.

I have a Tasco 6x18x42, it will shoot flat up to 100 yards. My question is I have a "distance scale" adjustment in front of the scope with setting from 50 to 300 plus yards. If my target is 300 yards out by setting the distance scale to 300 yard would it adjust for bullet drop??
The tasco directions really doesnt explain it.
your help is appreciated. Jim
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#4]
From your 100 yard zero you will have to rase your scope about 8 clicks (2 moa at 200) to shoot 200 yards. From your 100 yard zero you will have to rase your scope 20 clicks (5 moa at 300) to shoot 300 yards. Ammo will differ, but this will get you close.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top