Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2002 5:42:13 PM EDT
does anyone have any additional information about these things, and better pictures?

Link Posted: 4/20/2002 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one on my M16 for a while, then sold it off to help finance another purchase.  Neat little 9mm upper; very handy.  The 633 DOE upper were made for a contract for the Dept. of Energy and, I believe a few went to the DEA.  Colt stopped making them a couple years ago and sold off the remaining parts.  The handguards are simply handguards off an M231 port firing weapon.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had one on my M16 for a while, then sold it off to help finance another purchase.  Neat little 9mm upper; very handy.  The 633 DOE upper were made for a contract for the Dept. of Energy and, I believe a few went to the DEA.  Colt stopped making them a couple years ago and sold off the remaining parts.  The handguards are simply handguards off an M231 port firing weapon.  

do you know where I could find a set of handguards like that, and the front sight assembly? It is one nice looking little upper!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The handguards aren't easy to come by.  Problem is they're a bit on the brittle side, so a lot of 633/DOE upper owners find themselves eventually looking for another set.  Try Dennis Todd - its a longshot, but he's the first place I'd check for them ([email protected]).  I've seen someone replicate the front plate and sight assembly, but I can't remember where I saw it or who did it (I know its someone online, but...).  Maybe KKF?
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 5:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
does anyone have a picture of that shows the front sight assembly? or maybe a users manual? I am looking for anything that I could show a machinist if I needed to have the front sight assembly replicated.
thanks
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Check with Kurt, he was making copies of the DOE upper.  They were COOOOOL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top