Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2002 4:02:58 PM EDT
Ok,
I don't really need to spend the money, BUT, I figure I need a .308 bolt-action with a nice scope for a nice-well rounded collection.  

So, what do I see this Friday on Consignment?  A winnchester Model 70 SA, with heavy, free floated barrel. Composite stock,
Heavy Varmint on the stainless finish barrel.  
Trigger is stock, but it seemed Crisp and clean to me.  
On top is a Leuold BR-36 X in Silver finish.  
Rings are unknown, they are stainless steel, and all they have on them is a crosshair circle with a R on top of them.  

Gun is Clean, maybe 50-100 rounds thru it, if that.  Guy who owned it is sick, really bad.

Now, with Tax, call-in and such, everything is $925 out the door.   I got credit there, so 30 days to pay it off.  

do you all think its a good deal?  

It did feel good  in the hands. At around 200 yrd or so, I was able to read the licence plates on a car with ease.  

I am just second guessing myself, but I figure you all would tell me not to buy it.  If it does not sound like a good deal.'
I did say I dont need to spend the money, right?

I figure a Model 70 was good enough for Carlos Hathcock, its good enough for ole c-rock

Thanks

c-rock
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't pay anywhere near that for my Model 70, but I'm very happy with the rifle. I have the 30-6 CAPITALIST
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top