Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2002 3:11:07 AM EDT
I have a chance to pick up a Pre-ban, Springfield Armory, National Match M1A in 98% condition. It comes in the original box with mags, sling, bipod, original Springfield A.R.T. scope, mount and rings.

What is a fair price for this rifle/package??

Would the quality be higher in the 1982 built M1A be higher than a M1A purchased today??

Feelings, thoughts??

Semper-Fi Do or Die, 03 out!!  
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 3:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
INMO I would say around $1600 due to in being a National Match W/A.R.T scope. If the Barrel is USGI chrome lined, and the other parts are USGI which is very possible for 82' you may be able to get $100 more.

JerrY

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:52:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Watch out for that M1A.  That was the time they were making bolts and op rods and lots of other parts and they weren't so good.  They started importing a lot of parts from Israel later and the quality went up even though the parts were used.  Their rifles today have more lower quality remake parts in them so quality has dropped a bit.  With an M1A you always want to inspect EVERY part to see what you're getting.  If you don't know the difference you should get some help.  An M1A with all GI parts is much more valuable than the mixed up guns.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Their best was from about 86 to 92. The last one I sold, without the scope, was to a dealer for $ 1700. But this was during the 96 panic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top