Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/17/2002 9:04:25 PM EDT
At least thats what I was told to my face tonight.

I was at my girlfriends house tonight(and she has a roomate) and her roomates boyfriend was there. I have only met him on one other occasion and it was very brief. As my girlfriend and I were leaving to go out he said to me as I was leaving the house "Are you packing again?" I replied with a happy "Do bears crap in the woods?" (meaning yes I was carrying) and he reacted with a swift "Hey man guns are for pussies!"

Now I know I was in a very liberal area. My girlfriend goes to the University of Delaware and as Im sure most of you know how Leftwing colleges are these days. Therefore I wasnt ready for or had the time for a heated political debate with this commie A$$. I will most likley se this guy tomorrow and if not Im sure our paths will cross in the very near future.

At that point I was cool about it,but after I had dropped her off and when she got in the door,there was a raft of crap from him. He was saying how he better not catch me having the gun in "Our house"(note he DOESNT live there). He also told her to tell me to leave the gun in my car when I come up there from now on. Who is this guy!? WTF!? I refuse to be disarmed by my goverment,let alone some idiot boyfriend of her roomate! I am a law student,I KNOW it is legal to have a firearm in a domicile(home) with the owner or leasee's permission(that being my girlfriend). This guy was giving my girlfriend an earful about how my handgun wasnt registered to that house and if the police know about it everyone was going to be arrested that lives in the house.He's preaching the law to a law student? This guy is a cook at a two bit restaurant! I have nothing against cooks,but this guy doesnt know what he's talking about!!

I'm asking you,my fellow patriots,how do I handle this idiot? I want the next time to have a rational disscussion about my pro-gun/pro-self defense views.Not only that,I also want to print out alot of FACTS from the net about how guns do save lives and arent evil.Anyone here have any good links? I want to print out a book of facts and info of pro gun material and hand it to him politely next time I see him.

Thanks ahead for all your input!

Come to take my guns......I'll give ya the bullets first!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I say give him the facts/laws, etc.  And by all means, keep your gun ON you at all times.  This guy can't tell you what to do, and as long as you are breaking no laws, what do you have to worry about?  You COULD tell him, that next time he has a problem with YOU carrying YOUR gun into YOUR girlfriend's apartment, that he can take it up with YOU personally.  That should get a good reaction.  Remember, to always remain calm, and non-confrontational about everything.  

Personally, I'd just give him one of these:

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#3]
He sounds like a real flamer, so you'll never get through to this idiot. If your girlfriend takes his side, dump her. If she takes your side, get her out of that apartment, and in to a more friendly environment. I used to work with a guy like that, he was always trying to get me to fight with him, by promoting a non-violent front. He was trying to make himself a martyr, by getting me to react violently, to further his cause in front of others. I never did do anything at work, but I did see him at a bar one night, and he had a whole new outlook on life when he was alone, and had nobody to take his side. You'll never win.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure if an idiot like that is worth confronting.

But if I was you I would study my facts about CCW permit owners and law abiding citizens protecting their rights with firearms and how they impact their environment and circumstances.

Many examples available daily on the Web.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I would probably just ignore the guy.  I would never say another word to him cause I may get pissed.

People like that just want to get your po'ed....forget him, focus more on your girl.

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I would take him shooting......

At least that's where I'd start.....

John
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Send a Ninja to visit him
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Never argue with women, children and idiots.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#9]
kindly suggest that he "go lay by his dish and lick his nuts"!

ask him how his wooden spoon or rubber spatula will suffice in a self-defense situation.. of course maybe he could serve the mugger some of his culinary creation and subdue him with a tummy ache!

IMHO - he's not worth the effort of discussion.. too much of a moron to attempt communication with.

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Beagles747 beat me to it!  In all honesty, that's how a lot of the people I've come in contact with have been converted.  Might just be worth a shot...

Jim
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
kindly suggest that he "go lay by his dish and lick his nuts"!

ask him how his wooden spoon or rubber spatula will suffice in a self-defense situation.. of course maybe he could serve the mugger some of his culinary creation and subdue him with a tummy ache!

IMHO - he's not worth the effort of discussion.. too much of a moron to attempt communication with.

Bravo5-2

You see, I spend many nights there and Im sure he will be soon as well. The fact of the matter is I dont want to even bother with him. The truth of the matter is I will have to discuss it with this moron.

I was once in a debate about military spending with this Klinton/Gore Loving democrat.Ofcouse I was for more miltary and missile defense spending and he was against.After about a halfhour of discussion I was blowing him out of the water and I think I swayed his belief's and he stated he didnt want to discuss it with me,and I replied by saying if you believe in something why cant you back it up or at least discuss it,you cant be to sure about how you feel on the topic if you cant talk about it!
As you can see I dont want to be that guy,I want to be able to stand up for my rights to this dipshit,and not bow down and just shrug it off when he's confronting me on my views.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Blow off one finger at a time untill he begs you to stop then make him run around town in the nude with "I AM A DUMB ASS COMMIE" on his back.

Or just kick his ass........it's up to you.

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Blow off one finger at a time untill begs you to stop them make he run around town in the nude with "I AM A DUMB ASS COMMIE" on his back.

Trust me man,you earned your member name!
I would love to do that,but hey I have a legal obsession with firearms and I have to keep that obsession legal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#15]
you cant.
GG
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
you cant.
GG

And that is exactly why!
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Blow off one finger at a time untill begs you to stop them make he run around town in the nude with "I AM A DUMB ASS COMMIE" on his back.

Trust me man,you earned your member name!
I would love to do that,but hey I have a legal obsession with firearms and I have to keep that obsession legal.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

BTW: Don't quote me untill I have time to fix my typeos

Guru,yes he can
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry........ I thought this was another CAT THREAD
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Send a Ninja to visit him

Yeah, but then the ninja would flip out and he would crap his pants.

My advice: not worth the time.  If he pushes it, just a simple, "dude, you don't know wtf you're talking about." and drop it.  The wuss sounds like he might make a complaint just to F with ya.  Some people are just beyond help.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Politely suggest that next time he wants to do some dick waving to hide his severe case of testical deficit disorder(commonly known as "no balls syndrome") that he do it around people who care.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Continue to safely carry your firearm on you.

The difference between a liberal ass hole and a Conservative is 1 attempted_________(<- Insert Felony Charge here)

As a police officer,have you ever encountered a complaint about a person having a firearm in a friends house WITH permission of the owner?If you have what was you or your colleagues response?

Oh yea,sorry about your G/f man,hey if your ever in the Baltimore or Delware area I'll introduce you to a few nice ladies.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I've got the perfect reply;  Ask all of them at the same time, if a burglar enters the premises while they are all sleeping, who would the girls rather be in bed with at the time?  The anti or the "pussy" with the gun?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Kick the fucker's ass.

Just make sure you don't have your gun if he or someone else calls the police.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey M4, move this thread over to the General discussion so we can get the best ideas.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#26]
1)You are obviously surrounded by idiots.  It's a concealed carry, so next time be discreet.  If she asks then a simple "Yes" would suffice.

2) If HE asks, then tell him it's none of his business.  If he harasses you then do what the liberal would do and call a cop.  No need to lose your rights because of this idiot.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Hey M4, move this thread over to the General discussion so we can get the best ideas.

Best ideas? Please clarify,and how do I move a topic?
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Sounds like there's no talking to this nimrod. Does this guy have some real beef with guns or is he puffing out his chest to show off in front of his girlfriend?

I suggest either

1. ignore him-"Are you packing?" deserves the answer of either "None of your business" or my favorite-"Nope" There isn't a good reason to be asking about that and that's a question that it is absolutely okay to give a lie in response to.

2. shoot him-that will answer his question, I think "Seeing as you asked" right before plugging him would be pretty funny. I admit that this may cause some minor complications for your career, but perhaps your personal sacrifice is worth it to remove this misfit from the breeding pool.

While #2 is probably the optimal choice, I would Highly suggest going with #1.

First off, it's none of his, or ANYONE elses business whether or not you choose to be armed, so long as in doing so, you remain within the laws of your state/locality.

Second, feel free to debate him, but don't even approach him in a Angry, or Hostile manner.  This Prick sounds like the kind of guy who would swiftly swear out a Warrant for your Arrest on a Trumped Up "Assault" case, or simply for "Brandishing" even if you never did so.  Watch Your SIX!

If you can ensure that there is always someone else around as a witness, even better.

If you plan on spending the night there, I suggest getting one of those Lock Boxes with the little handprint on it, just to keep your gun safe, and his mouth quiet.  You just never know how ugly his lie could get, and if you value your right to be armed, and the Career goal that you have, it's not worth the hassle to confront this punk.

One thing I might consider is figuring out a way to derail his Love Life with your GF's roommate, so I wouldn't have to put up with the Punk, and tendancy for unfaithfulness that could arise might make great fodder between him, and his GF...  Am I evil, or what  :D
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Am I evil, or what  :D

You may be evil,but my kind of people. If he wants to take things to another level Im sure I will find something up my sleeve.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
I know how hard it is to ignore idiots like that, but there is no other way to win this.

I always end up with a knot in my gut anytime I have to turn the other cheek and not smack pussies like that.

Oh, then again, maybe some coffee table reading material would help....

newsandopinion.com/julia/gorin.html

Lol... sorry.... it just doesn't work.  Go to the site... bottom of page... press "Julia Gorin Archives"...The second article listed should be "The Anti-gun Male".

I'd leave that casually laying around

Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best ideas? Please clarify,and how do I move a topic?

You wanted suggestions and the general discussion gets more hits.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If you plan on spending the night there, I suggest getting one of those Lock Boxes with the little handprint on it, just to keep your gun safe, and his mouth quiet.  You just never know how ugly his lie could get, and if you value your right to be armed, and the Career goal that you have, it's not worth the hassle to confront this punk.

I'd also worry about him stealing the gun to feel safe
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Ignore the Adam Henry. He is just trying to provoke you and make you do something stupid.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#35]
How about...

"Of course they are...how else should a woman protect herself from an abusive boyfriend?"

or

"please show me your name on the lease...when the vote is unanimous amongst leasees, then I will comply"

or

"I will be sure never to visit you at your house but as long as I am here and not at your house I shall continue"

or

"why should you be concerned about the police showing up...any outstanding warrants?"

or [the best...my real advice]

"Gee, [appear confused] I've never seen someone become so agitated at the idea of someone doing what's necessary to protect themself and their loved ones.  You know, insurance companies process more burglary claims than earthquake, flood, and fire insurance claims combined.  Are you required to carry earthquake, flood, or fire insurance?    And violent crime rates are such that every individual is statistically guaranteed to be a victim of a violent crime at least once in their lifetime.  How would you protect yourself [gives him a chance for an embarrassingly chest-beating answer or you a chance to debate him on 911 response times, etc.]"

The last is best.  Don't try to get into a pissing or "I'm smarter/better/more prepared than you" contest.  Pretend to be overwhelmingly friendly and helpful...but just confused at his opinion.  "Well, golly-gee, I hope to never use it but I am responsible for my own well-being as well as the well-being for all my friends and loved ones."  This makes you out as the good guy and the confusion act usually drives your opponent crazy.  Remember, he's a cook and you're a law student.  Your girlfriend's roommate probably wishes she was dating you so don't bring yourself to his "muscle-flexing" level.  Use your courteous responses to encourage his outlandish chest-beating responses which will lose him points with his girlfriend.

Once he sees that arguing with you = negative points with girlfriend he will shut up quickly.  Win your girlfriend over then your girlfriend's roomate over to your side.  Present your case to them outside his presence.  Then when you act so helpful, his standing in the eyes of the girls deteriorates. Subterfuge, man, subterfuge.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Just smile at the insipid little dork. He'll eventually stew in his own ignorance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Ask him: If you're ever getting messed with, would you prefer that I don't use the gun to save you?

Or, you can poison him slowly, over several weeks or months, and then it's hard for them to figure out what happened.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 1:18:19 AM EDT
[#38]
As much as a person might like to go Dr.Evil on his ass he could be tryin to provoke you into an EPO. I had a foreman try an do it to me, i was told he was gonna provoke me into any kind of confrontation an then him and his brown noser was gonna say i threatened em. His hoped for result was my guns bein restricted followed by my ass getting fired. Didn't work. But he did awakin the evil prankster in me. I could start a topic on the crap i did to him. hmmmmmm.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:31:42 AM EDT
[#39]
M4, just remember it takes less muscles to reach over and give a proper bitch slap than it does to frown.

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#40]
I would suggest taking both of the ladies shooting while this idiot is at work flipping burgers. If you can get them on your side he's sure to clam up about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Try some of this

Seriously though, I hate dealing with antigunners and male who is afraid of guns. I think any male that is afraid of guns dont deserve to be males. They are like pusseycats... I had a heated debate with an idiot who thinks we dont need guns or second amendment because we have the police... tell that to a mugger or gangster...
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Just see if he is man enough to go shooting.  Only person I had ever taken shooting was my wife.  Bought her her first gun.  Ruger Security Six 357 mag.  I did not blame her for not enjoying the time.  Eventually changed over to a 22 and she is pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:55:16 AM EDT
[#44]
I would have said " Why don't you come outside so you can tell everyone a pussy kicked your ass".

I would have egged him on to the point that he would have gone outside to fight.

Give the gun to the girlfriend while you kick his ass.

I expect to hear from you soon that you did beat his ass...
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#45]

I'm asking you,my fellow patriots,how do I handle this idiot?

Fools like this will not be swayed. Your best bet is to put the poor soul out of his misery.
-Cruizer

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:02:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Come on, stop painting all of UDel as liberal.  I admit, some of my class-mates are liberal, but if you stick to the engineering department, you'll get about 95% conservatives.  The one admitted liberal in my engineering classes constantly gets made fun of by everyone, including the professors. "So Chuck, how will you solve this problem? Throwing more money at it isnt a solution, a chemical reactor isnt some homeless guy" was one of the better jabs.  You just gotta know where to look to find the gun owners.

One of my dormmates and I even went shopping for his first gun last Saturday, he fell in love with the Maadi AKs at X-ring, but could only afford a Mauser at the time.  He's saving his pennies up for an AK now, but it will be September before he can afford one.

On a side note, how hard is it to get a Delaware CCW?

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Here's a different way to look at this issue and no flame intended.

Maybe your the one to blame, and before I get my head handed to me please, look at this as not a problem w/ liberals but a personal security issue.

How does he know you carry a pistol?

Did you tell him?

Did you discuss your carrying of a legal handgun w/ your girlfriend and inform her, (in the event your incapacitated and her life becomes jepordized) as where and why you carry?

Has she been instructed in the use (in case of emergency) of that handgun?

Does she know that your carrying is a private matter, NOT for casual conversation?

See where I'm going w/ this, ask yourself: How do I avoid this issue in the future?

Answer, private exercise of your 2nd Ammendment right to carry a concealed handgun should always remain private.

As I stated not long ago in a thread on a womens self-defence issue, Never give up the element of SUPRISE! While there are those that know I carry, they are family or very close friends and understand that it's a private matter, no "jokes" about it in public or "yea , I got a friend that carrys everday here in the office" chatter allowed.

I want no-one other than those closest to me that I trust w/ my life to know, think about it!

Nomex on,
Mike
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Obviously everyone here is missing the ultimate solution.

Start sleeping with both women, and get him the hell out of the picture...  Then, the girls could downsize to a smaller one bedroom unit, and use the savings to purchase more firearms for you!

I'm glad I was able to help.

Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#49]
so many possibilities come to mind, but...

Quoted:
John

yes, invite him to the range. (if he's not afraid)

yehaw, post 666! does this make me eeeevil?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:30:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Just smile at the insipid little dork. He'll eventually stew in his own ignorance.

Exactly!

Don't argue with an idiot.

Don't make ANY statement that could be in any way considered a threat.  Your carrying a concealed deadly weapon and making a verbal threat is a very bad combination.  Any "discussion" could lead to frustration and anger.

I won't lie if someone asks if I'm carrying, I just smile and reply truthfully, "Not as far as you know."
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top