Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2002 3:08:06 PM EDT
After considering several posts on AR-15.com, I decided to buy a Rem 700 LTR.  Early sight-in results seemed to indicate I had  "shooter".  I went to the range with several factory loads.  Each was shot over a chrono, obvious flyers (shooter error) were omitted ( max 1 per string). Range was 300 yds.  Two 5 shot groups were shot with the exception of the Blackhills.  The rifle was cleaned between each ammo and 2 fouling shots were fired before the record targets.  Results: Blackhills 175gr 2572 fps, 2 9/16 group.  Sellier & Bellot 168g Match, 2450 fps, 4.62 group, Federal Gold Medal 168, 2549 fps, 3.28 group.  Federal GM 175g, 2580 fps, 2.125 Group. Best group was Fderal 175 @ 1.5" There was a moderate wind
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Purrty kewl Bill

FWIW, from what others have posted Black Hills is 2,700 fps out of the 26" tube.

Shows very little loss despite the 6" dif.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top