Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2002 11:40:56 AM EDT
I was bored today so I thought I'd do a little shooting. I took my DSA SA58 outside to try out my new mags from Tapco. I bought the package deal 10 new 20rds for $100.00.

They look like new and function flawlessly. I recommend them to anyone looking for great FAL mags.

Well I got a wild hair up my ass to try the bump method. Never tried it with an FAL before. I LOVED IT. Its a little more kick than my AK47 but very controlable with a little practice.

I've tried the bump method with my FAL, CAR15 16", both AK47's, and OA 93 pistol. In my oppinion the AK47 is the smoothest for the bump method.

Hey get this, while I was typing this, the law showed up saying they got a report of someone shooting a machine gun that sounded like a cannon at my house...LOL I told him what I was shooting and about the bump method. He was VERY nice about it. He also said he loved to shoot and I had a great place here for it. (I live on 35 acres) He never asked to see my gun or check anything out. He said just be careful and have fun.

Good thing there are some good cops out there who enjoy shooting as much as I do.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey get this, while I was typing this, the law showed up saying they got a report of someone shooting a machine gun that sounded like a cannon at my house...LOL I told him what I was shooting and about the bump method. He was VERY nice about it. He also said he loved to shoot and I had a great place here for it. (I live on 35 acres) He never asked to see my gun or check anything out. He said just be careful and have fun.

Both times I've tried bump firing at the range, I've gotten folks coming over to ride my jock about full-auto fire.  It's time consuming and sometimes confrontational to try to explain the truth to them.

Bump-firing is fun, but not of any practical benefit that I can see unless you enjoy meeting new people.  I ain't doin' it no more.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Could somebody give me the short version of how you go about "bump-firing"?  I think I understand the concept, but I've never seen an explanation.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think a couple months ago someone on this board had a video of bump firing a Garand!! Pretty cool!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:Could somebody give me the short version of how you go about "bump-firing"?  I think I understand the concept, but I've never seen an explanation.  

Hold rifle at hip.  Grasp forend of rifle with left hand and exert forward motion.  Position stiff trigger finger inside trigger guard.  Fire round, recoil moves rifle back, maintaining forward pressure with left hand will fire rifle again.  Keep trigger finger as stiff and motionless as possible.  Repeat until 1) mag empty, or 2) rangemaster screeches up in golf cart.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The last time I heard someone bump firing, I turned to watch.  But what I saw was someone firing an SKS from the bench with a bipod.  Hmmmmm...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top