Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2002 5:46:44 PM EDT
I need, yes need one of these badly. Uncertain as to which manufacture to buy but saw a Miltech that was mint. Absolutely beautiful and I have to have one. It is either this or the Springfield, I guess. I've looked into the CMP guns and am a vet but I'd like something a little more upscale.

How much is this worth?

Good first offer?

Any pro or cons would sure be welcome.

These are most all USGI parts, correct?

Want an M1A/M14 also. From what I can tell the only reliable alternative is a Fulton Armory build.
Just got my tax return

Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Mltech is very expensive, if I remember right a reconditioned M1 was around $ 1500 . The Miltech M1's I have seen were unimpressive and weren't worth the money. The new Springfield Inc Garands are a pretty good deal if you wan't something pretty and new, the run around $ 800 and can be had with " yuk" a new cast recvr or a forged Beretta recvr.
If you wan't a good reconditioned M1 I would recmmend DGR or Orion 7 as being the most economical, around $ 800-1200 depending on what you wan't.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the motion! Dean's & Orion, got that right!  Armscorp or Smith (expensive, but real good) do a great job on 14s.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, tangeant. The one I saw was impressive, mint, and perfect. $1200. Gotta admit I've thought of little else since. Did come across a Springfield Garand in a nearby gunstore but it was slightly used for $1000. Didn't seem like much of a deal to me though I am sure he will come down a little. Probably $100 or a little more based on previous experience with him. Seems like others here are getting them as low as $800 NIB. Problem is not enough gunstores around here.
Same store has a NIB M1A for $1350, if I remember correctly. Will probably get an SA receiver and have Fulton Armory build-damn expensive, though. Problem is I "want it now" - both of 'em. Patience is not one of my greater virtues.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I second the motion! Dean's & Orion, got that right!  Armscorp or Smith (expensive, but real good) do a great job on 14s.  

Either of you guys got a link?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:57:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Dean's Gun Resorations:www.dgrguns.com

Orion 7:  www.m1garand.com
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the links, guys. I've looked over the sites and only problem now is too many damn choices!

Seems like I'll probably go with Orion. Dean's sure look like nice wood but I'm planning to shoot it, not look at it and Orion gives the impression of better customer service. Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top