Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2002 4:38:10 PM EDT
 What is the value of a 1964 Colt AR-15 in Mint Condition. Less then 200 rounds have been thru it. It's all original. No forward assist. Has original cleaning rods, 2-10 round clips, instruction manuals and the original box. Postage meter label on the carton is dated 1964.
 What are the pros and cons of this vintage. I don't know much about AR's but thinking about buying this one. I have seen the gun and it is clean. I have known the seller for years and he is an honest guy. He bought it off a neighbor about 30 years ago and was with the neighbor when he bought it new.

Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
How about $1500 or so?

Are you really going to shoot this thing?  I'd rather buy one with a few miles on it so when I shoot the hell out of it I won't feel bad.

This is the early version without the storage trap in the stock and with the prong flash suppressor.  Just kinda cool because it's like the early M16 and much rarer in the marketplace than the tremendous number of SP1s out there, most of which have the trap in the stock and a birdcage.  1/12 twist, but I am not sure the bore is chromed as I don't think that fix came along till later.

You could offer him less.  He paid less than $200 way back then . . .
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's a very early Commanche, which are very hard to find, the price goes way up!! I saw one go at Auction Arms last year for well over $5000.00.

If you need more info, email Stokes, I believe he has more info about them. He has been looking for one for quite awhile now.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top