Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2002 12:45:00 PM EDT
I was just wondering how may on this list shoots IPSC. Lets take a count.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm into IDPA mostly, but this morning I shot an IPSC match.  I'm not a USPASA member or have a classification, but I find it fun.  I'm always amazed at how the two don't have more of the same people competing between the two of them.  Although I see a lot more IPSC guys showing up at IDPA shoots it seems.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be heading down for my first SSC this year at the PASA park.  I'm really looking forward to it!  That's mostly IPSC isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll be heading down for my first SSC this year at the PASA park.  I'm really looking forward to it!  That's mostly IPSC isn't it?

Yeah it's mostly IPSC/USPSA. See you there just ask for Russell. I'm one of the co-founders of the match.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot ipsc in pennsylvania and new jersey
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I split time between IPSC and IDPA. Occasionally I go to an ICORE match. IPSC remains my favorite. I really like the 3 gun shoots.

Mike4045
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot IPSC and 3 gun.I've shot some IDPA,It's OK if they just let you shoot.With some of the IDPA gods,if you don't shoot it the "right" way you can't play.Give me the problem,let me solve it.It's all a game.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The local matches have been shooting some of the pistol stages over again with a rifle or a shotgun. You don't shoot the steel with the rifle and don't shoot the paper with the shotgun. They have been using clay targets in a holder to replace the paper or the steel. But I think we are going to experiment using bowling pins. Targets are close and fast with the rifle!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I shoot IPSC/USPSA in Denver/Front Range and am trying the 3 gun stuff this year.  But I also shoot hunter BR and some black powder.  Love that smoke, hate that stink!
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 10:42:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I shoot IDPA two to three times a month, but I shoot IPSC about once every two month, IPSC has a higher ammo count.  if you just want to shoot a lot and have fun, IPSC is the way to go.  if you want more tactical disipline, IDPA will the one, neither will be able to offer you a true overall firefight tactics, although IDAP is much better the IPSC in that respect.

I had a IPSC guy told me IDPA sucks, and anyone who shot IDPA just don't know what they are doing.  I was surprise at his attitude, I figure there is jerk in every sport.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I shoot IPSC   IDPA stands for I don't practice anymore
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:08:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was just wondering how may on this list shoots IPSC. Lets take a count.

IPSC pistol and rifle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I guess here is another one of those jerks that just can't seem to get along with anyone.

I guess for you, IPSC stands for dIPStiCk.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I shoot IPSC and 3-gun.  I may give IDPA a try.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Well count one more in...

IPSC once or twice a month.

3 gun......well not much around here so only once or twice a year.  Mind you when our new range is finished....I hope to host matches!!

Oh BTW my car plate is DBL TAPP!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#15]
... When I can.  Used to shoot a full house .38 Super (which I still have).  Now it's mostly confined to a "fit in the box" Para-Ordnance on Tuesday night run-what-you-brung steel matches for fun and trophies.

Rio Salado: Home of Robbie Leatham, Brian Enos and Winston Wolf!

www.azgunning.com/rioppdiv.html
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have heard that before. But as far as I'm concerned both are fun, but IPSC is better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I was into IPSC in a big way when I lived in the UK. After the ban, I moved to the US... and have been working so hard I never get to shoot :-(

I like shooting USPSA matches; you get to blast off lots of rounds, and the standard of competition is impressive. However, USPSA is, IMHO, a much less disciplined sport... compared with non-US IPSC, the USPSA matches are very self-indulgent, sacrificing any vestiges of practicality in favor of "feel good" run-n-gun courses of fire. Not necesarily a bad thing, but a difference that I miss in comparison with European-style courses of fire.

IDPA is just another game (albeit a fun one). For all the talk about tactics/practicality, you have to just laugh when the big matches are won with 9mm 1911s... who are they trying to kid ? Their rule book is growing as fast as IPSC/USPSA.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 7:26:18 AM EDT
[#18]
I have to agree with Stealthy, IDPA is no longer what they founder started with. If I shoot the match with tactics in mind, i usually finish in the middle, and if I go gaming, I can go to the top ten with ease.  I enjoy shooting and IDPA or IPSC is fun to me, but like supershooter say, IPSC is a bit higher on the fun scale.I take time and do a match at least once every two month, and I have find the high ammo count a much more fun then the IDPA match.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#19]
IDPA mostly. IPSC gets a little outlandish, but that is also part of the fun I guess. It is fun to see the .38 Super crowd act like a damm bullet hose - but still track spikes, 20 round mags, and the gamers - sometimes...

IDPA - yeah a bit anal - on occassion, and sometimes it does feel like not enough shooting, but still - ain't so bad.

3 gun and carbine, and Tac (gawd I hate that term) SG matches seem too few and far between.

Steel - what a kick in the ass. My fav.

Looking forward to some precision rifle matches soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top