Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2002 5:31:00 AM EDT
On 10 round mags and rifles with annoying muzzle brakes (and the bayo lug removed).  And A2 buttstocks.

if the AW ban sunsets the market could get tight on these items, and they could become very expensive/valuable.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean, I have been stocking up all my life.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:28:31 AM EDT
[#2]
You guys are daft if you think that the law is going to sunset without something even worse to take its place. The Bush administration is FOR the use of limited capacity mags and no bayo lugs. It is common sense and if the party is whoring itself out to the Mexicans, you can be DAMNED sure that it will do this to appease the unappeasable liberals. Keep buying your preban stuff with cash for I am sure that you will have to register these as a separate commodity before the end of 2004.

Election Year 2004.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is common sense and if the party is whoring itself out to the Mexicans, you can be DAMNED sure that it will do this to appease the unappeasable liberals.

Amen Brother

Makes me take a second look at Pat Bucannan
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a thought.  Everyone vote REPUBLICAN!!!  If the Republicans can win back the Senate (or tie) and maintain control of the House, the leadership in the Republicans will PROBABLY not allow the article to come to the floor for debate, ergo, it expires AUTOMATICALLY!  I know Republicans like John McLean are idiots, but he is not the Republican Senate leader, Trent Lott is and he is PRO-GUN!  Don't whine about the Republicans not being 100 % progun, not all democRATS are anti-gun...I'm talking about the leadership...VOTE REPUBLICAN!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I just woke up, so, I'll toss in a characteristic reply...

If there are so many cheezebutt gun owners that won't even ante up to join the NRA, what makes anyone think they'll actually get off the couch and vote?

Then again, if everyone here actually did join the NRA and vote Republican, we might restore some of our "rights".

Time to get the word out.
Act as if you're in the underground and we've got a mission to execute.  Quiet preparation vs. loud whining/preaching to the choir will give us a fighting chance to win.

ken2483 has the right idea.

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#6]
The republicans sold us out as much as the democrats did. Neither of the two parties are for the people, and until people realize this our system of government is going to be somewhat compromised.

I personally hope that legislative deadlock leading up to 2004 causes them to not be able to get a bill before the president in time. Then my cache of 10 round magazines and fixed telestocks will be worth a fortune!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:05:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Ken's right - and everyone should pay very close attention to what'll happen if gunowners vote for 3rd party candidates.

Guys, it's very simple - vote Republican in the next several elections, or kiss your 2nd Amendment rights goodbye.

History is usually the best teacher, so why didn't we learn from it?  Take a look at the '92 election, and at the votes the Republican Party lost to Ross Perot.  How many votes were "lost" during several elections to the Libertarian Party that could have been used to pack the House and Senate with pro-gun, or at the very least, not "anti-gun" members?  The answer is TOO MANY.  And who do we have to blame but ourselves?

So what if the Bush Administration is for this or that?  Last time I checked, 42% of the citizens of this nation own some sort of firearm.  Now THAT'S a voting base!  Let anyone try to go against us if we stand (and speak) as one voice.  If everyone that owns a firearm voted, you wouldn't have to worry about what the administration wanted - you'd have a mandate on Capitol Hill...figure out which is more important.  

Do all Republican candidates support gun ownership?  Of course not - but did a Democratic and Libertarian-packed House Of Representatives get together and form a "Contract for America?"

Face facts - everyone has to vote as one large voice.  If we can accomplish that, we will get our rights back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Forgive me for being ignorant.  I've only recently started visiting these forums.  What "AW ban" are ya'll talking about?  I am in the NRA but I have not heard anything about it.
thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I think that this is supposed to be a joke, fellas.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:34:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Their talking about the so called assault weapons ban of 1994. It discontinued sales of high capacity more than 10 round post 1994 magazines to the public by the federal government even though my state government allows it. Then there was the silly
evil features bill which says that flash hiders, bayonet lugs, pistol grips, and telescopic stocks make a rifle more deadly and that the public can't be trusted with these things. It seems the Klinton thugs were more into cracking down on us than dealing with the increasing Al Qaeda threat that was growing throughout the 1990's. In a few years the AW ban comes up for renewal, who knows what the political climate will be like then?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Dang! this whole thread was supposed to be a JOKE!

now its all serious ranting.

[:\]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:08:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
On 10 round mags and rifles with annoying muzzle brakes (and the bayo lug removed).  And A2 buttstocks.

if the AW ban sunsets the market could get tight on these items, and they could become very expensive/valuable.

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:25:32 AM EDT
[#13]
HE HE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top