Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 11:04:35 PM EDT
I was at a gunshow in Portland last month. I was shopping for a preban AR, This was a big gunshow, so I just look for CAR stocks to identify prebans, I saw more than a few AR's for sale that were postbans with collapsible stocks, I had a serial # cut off list with me for most brands (of course I didnt find 1 good deal at the gunshow, typical), I talked to a few people, who assured me that they were preban, (but they werent!) I always ask if they have documentation to prove they were a fully assembled rifle before '94. anyway do you think these people are just ignorant of the laws or are they trying to rip people off?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a mix of both. I went to a GS last month where a table had 3 "Pre Bans". All of the rifles had post recievers and I asked the vendor if he new they were post. He replied that they were Post lowers being sold with a Rifle Kit that way it was legal. This guy had no clue what he was doing. At the last several shows that I have gone to I wrote down the SN# of the "pre "rifles. Out of 37 only three were good Pres. Good look in your quest.

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, Im sure that alot of people have postbans, thinking that they are prebans, you really have to check the serial # yourself, not just take someones word that it is a preban, I know these laws arent really enforced, but I dont want to risk having preban features on a postban, they are really just asthetics anyway, not many of us really need our flash hidden, and I dont think were going to stab anyone with a baonette, (SP?)  and CAR stocks are really only usefull in tactical situations, BUT I LOVE THEM ANYWAY, gotta get a preban!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:18:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, well - still at it huh ??

Do you have anything to ask or say that isn't border-line illegal ??

Did you get a new script writer ??

Still working on 'ENTRAPMENT' 101 ??

Every day, EVERY day I check on you to see what new scam you're trying.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#4]
a five star troll, perhaps?

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
a five star troll, perhaps?

markm,
when it comes to this person(?) I only hope I can rate all five stars !!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#6]
what the hell is your problem?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
paulie you must be talking about the show at the fairgrounds with the century lowers.  too bad century never made a preban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top