Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2002 7:44:34 PM EDT
I have a King Cobra 6" that I purchased in 1996.  I am interested to know if anyone has an idea of the strength of this design. It has been shot very little, maybe 500 rnds, and that is with the 100 158grn .357's in it today.
I had forgotten how much fun a revolver can be and plan to shoot it much more often. Is this on par w/ a GP100 or a medium frm S&W in terms of durability?

Thanks for any info.

Allen
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate it when nobody replies, so, I'll give my best answer, which is:

I think the design strength is in between the two you mentioned.
Not being a smart-ass; I think that's about right.
As far as I know, they're good revolvers and have been discontinued.
Oughtta be a keeper.

I've got the Ruger GP-100 6" and it IS a lot of fun to shoot.  It's one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
The King Cobra is one of the few 357mag wheel guns I've never owned.
looks well made.  I have a 686 and a GP100 the GP is an anvil.   Had a Python.  Wish I still had it.  Just not informed on the KC  How's the trigger/lock work?  Is it a smooth as the pyton?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top