Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2002 7:41:14 PM EDT
So, after getting my AR-180B, my first thought on my way home from my first day at the range was "That was cool. I need more black rifles."

Now I'm tossing around the idea of getting a carbine. I've always liked the M4 style (I don't shoot at things beyond 100 yards anyway).

So what would you folks recommend? Price is a consideration (I'm a poor college student) so pre-ban is pretty much out. Plus I figure when the ban goes away I can slap a real telestock on it anyway.

Any suggestions, etc.?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a close look at RRA or Bushmaster M4 carbines.  The RRA should be a little cheaper, the BM a little better quality.  I would'nt count on the AW ban going away, ever.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't count out the M4 for distances over 100 yards.  I was hitting steel plates at 400 yards using iron sights with my postban Bushy M4.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Don't count out the M4 for distances over 100 yards.  I was hitting steel plates at 400 yards using iron sights with my postban Bushy M4.

I'm not counting out the rifle.

I'm just not counting on me.

How is that y-comp that Bushmaster uses?
I've heard it's loud as hell, which wouldn't be a problem at the range, but I like to carry a rifle while hiking, and then ear protection is kind of impractical.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive got a post ban bushy m4-a3 and its great, although they cost almost as much as a cheap preban. the mini y, is loud as hell but i like the looks of it
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
MAHABALI, I can only assume that you don't do a whole lot of shooting from the prone position, LOL.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Never thought I'd have the occasion to use this term, but that is "BONERIFFIC"!!!!    
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not counting out the rifle.

I'm just not counting on me.

How is that y-comp that Bushmaster uses?
I've heard it's loud as hell, which wouldn't be a problem at the range, but I like to carry a rifle while hiking, and then ear protection is kind of impractical.

The Mini Y is loud, but it works.  I on the otherhand had the luck in finding an M4 upper that had a 16 inch barrel withthe Mini Y tacked on.  So I sent it away to Kurt's Kustoms and had him remove the Mini Y and slip a Fake Flash Supressor over the end of the barrel to keep it at 16 inches.  My M4 is a complete fake from the fake Flash supressor to the fake telestyled stock.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#8]
hahahahahahaha, LOL, look at that magazine!!! hahahahahahaha!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:26:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder what Freud would say about that mag.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
No - THIS is the Mega-Mag!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Vinne -

I've never put any stock in Freud before but DAMN I was thinking the exact same thing!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top