Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2002 3:06:06 PM EDT
My Bushmaster preban showed up this week, dry as a bone from the seller's safe and guarenteed never fired.

What a waste!  This rifle was built to be shot!  I had a postban Bushie flattop with an Elcan along too and this new rifle, after a quick zeroing, had better groups than the one with the optic.  Both have factory triggers but the older rifle's is much smoother.  In fact while I have a Jewell at home I'm tossing onto the Elcan rifle I think I'll leave the preban's alone.

I have a hard time thinking how someone could keep an excellent rifle like this one for so long without shooting it.  Now I guess I'm grateful, because if he had I might not of gotten it myself!  Can't wait to get back to the range...
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome, DarkNite.  "Can't wait to get back to the range. . . " it's like a mantra for me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Darknite, I feel that all guns are made to be shot. I'm never gonna own one and never shoot it. Life is to damn short to not enjoy the good things. Same thing goes for these guys that buy a classic car and trailor it around everywhere and never drive it. Glad you are out shooting that thing. Thats what it was built for. Sounds like a great find. Best of luck. CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up my preban Bushmaster, 20" HB in January of this year. The owner needed money. He had purchased the rifle in 1993 and had never fired it. What a beauty for $1075 OTD. It now has a 16" Bushmaster M4 barrel and collapsable stock. I DO fire it but will baby it as well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, guys, I know what you mean.  I used to collect comics when I was a kid along with a friend of mine.  He would take his home and meticulously file them away.  I'd go home, read them and pass them on to my bro's.  His were pristine while mine were trashed but we could never really talk about comics because he never actually read them!  I'm a firm believer of taking pleasure from my belongings, I guess .

bnz, it's a 20" HBAR right now but a 16" M4 flattop upper and 4-position stock is soon to be added.  The current upper will stick around for CMP service rifle shooting.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a NIB preban Eagle Arms.  I am the original owner.  I also have a NIB Armalite Howa AR180 and a NIB Armalite Costa Mesa AR180.  Because they are prebans and I have 3 other preban AR15s and 1 Sterling preban 180, the aforementioned NIBs will not get fired unless the shiite really hit the fan.  Now my formerly NIB AR180B that just got here a month ago, has had the bejeezus fired out of it, but it's not a preban.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#6]

He would take his home and meticulously file them away.I'd go home, read them and pass them on to my bro's. His were pristine while mine were trashed.

And now his are probably worth a mint.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

He would take his home and meticulously file them away.I'd go home, read them and pass them on to my bro's. His were pristine while mine were trashed.

And now his are probably worth a mint.

But he never enjoyed them when it mattered. Theres more to life than money. The good things in life are meant to be enjoyed, not stuffed away in a closet for someone else to enjoy later
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree with you there Capitalist, enjoy while you can.  I would never buy a gun that I wouldn't shoot.  That is why you buy guns.  I do like to take real good care of my weapons, but I like to shoot them more.  Of course everyone can do what they want to with their guns and money.  Oh yeah, whenever I tell a bud that I got a new gun do you know what there second question is after "how much was it?"  "how does it SHOOT?"  Bang away I say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top