Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2002 10:07:13 PM EDT
In efforts to comply with the 1994 ban on high capacity magazines some manufactures have turned to making magazines that can not be opened by there users.  Not to mention that other manufactures have to cut magazines and use plastic spacer.  Just pure madness.

Well I guess I should just go out and buy pre-ban USGI 30 round … oh wait, my state striped me of my rights to buy pre-ban high capacity magazines...  Well maybe I should just stick with 10 round… oh wait, the state also stripped me of my right to own a magazine operated AR15… oh hell

- Sulaco

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/8448670-10.asp
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:40:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The rights contained within the first 10 Amenments (Bill of Rights) are inalienable and thus all state laws violating such are null and void.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah, i pulled that stupid fucking frankenmag i got with my postmaster bushy and used the follower,baseplate and spring for new parts for a 20 rounderi already had
threw the rest away.
(it's a secret why i edited)
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
hmmmmm   stripped you of rights?  As far as I'm concerned I will ALWAYS have my rights, sometimes I have to break laws, but I have NO problems with that.  Any government that's TRIES to take my rights is no government of mine,  hence the government OF the people, BY the people, FOR the people.  We threw off our opressors once, we can do it again.

By the way, I am not advocating anarchy or targeting of any current government, just my views.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry Imbroglio but it doesn't allways work that way.  Even with the bill of rights,and ammendments to the constitution, states all set there own idividual laws such as pertaining to conceal and carry. it would seam that if any one state had the right for its citizens to conceal and carry then all would have to have the same right under the republic in which we live! Not so i think there are only four other states that honour oklahoma's ccw licence, and in many states (all under the same republic)don't even allow the ownership of hand-guns much less carried(in any manner).   And some counties in cal don't even allow the sales of ammo for such guns!    I think it falls into catch-22 that all laws not covered by the republic Gov shall be left up to state legislation, So if thats true its time to make some change in your local(state) Gov!!!     bob cole edited to say i know this is about mags, but its all the same old s//t in a brand new bottle!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with you guys about this,
I’m just getting frustrated over the whole ordeal us Californians have to put up with.  Even when I wasn’t pro-gun, when I heard from a DOJ rep that I could not buy a Colt Sorter it bothered me, at the time it was more of a “well that sucks” but it has grown into a lot more than that.

What our state and federal government is doing to us is not right.  I don’t intend to go out breaking any of our unjust laws any time soon, but I won’t sit quietly and let them do this to me either.  

A trend that I see a lot of is making firearms legal at the expense of the shooter.  We can’t clean our magazines the way we were suppose to – we have to use some hack to do it.  We can’t have the barrel length we want without having some compensator permanently attached and the list goes on and on.  
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 12:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In efforts to comply with the 1994 ban on high capacity magazines some manufactures have turned to making magazines that can not be opened by there users.  Not to mention that other manufactures have to cut magazines and use plastic spacer.  Just pure madness.

Well I guess I should just go out and buy pre-ban USGI 30 round … oh wait, my state striped me of my rights to buy pre-ban high capacity magazines...  Well maybe I should just stick with 10 round… oh wait, the state also stripped me of my right to own a magazine operated AR15… oh hell

- Sulaco

Where there's a will, there's a way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Buddah,  you watch too much HEAT,  great movie though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:47:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I would just tell you to move to another state BUT when will these laws pass on to other states, and I am just waiting to see what happens to the 2004 sunset OH BOY!!! I just cannot wait. will a new worse law take affect! or will it just die? that is a million dollar question.

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Million Dollar question???

Sound like a Million Man March.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:22:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Million Dollar question???

Sound like a Million Man March.

Hehehehe
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#11]
The people that framed the governmental architecture of this country were either incredibly lucky, or incredibly smart.

They created a system where states could have "local" laws and create a market economy where people could decide if laws were good and bad themselves without even having to register to vote. If you don't like the laws where you are -- MOVE. Move yourself, your tax revenue, and your economic output to another state.

The other nice thing is that it allows one area to do something incredibly stupid and have the rest of the country show how ineffective a law is. Imagine if they had deregulated the entire country's power generation industry at once instead of just California?

People always forget that laws don't prevent crime, they punish it. And today the revolving door of justice is defeating the punishment.

It's not like the gun thing is the only reason to run from California as fast as you can...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top