Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2002 1:35:49 PM EDT
To be able too legally shoot a F/A do you have too actually have a class 3 or are there places that will rent you a full auto that you can shoot under there supervision? I would love too shoot a M-16 or a AK or a Glock 18 they all look so fun. anyone know of any places in CA that you could do that or would I have too go out of state?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any place in CA that will let us shoot full auto. So, I too would love to hear of anything.

For now, when I have a real need to go cyclic, I'll make the drive to Vegas.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a range in Las Vegas from what I hear.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#3]
vegas has a few places, also heard the sameabout arizona and nevada.   might try posting the question differently.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 1:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]

For now, when I have a real need to go cyclic, I'll make the drive to Vegas.

Sorry if I was unclear here. To answer your initial question, you don't need to have any special license/permit/blessing from the Almighty to fire a full auto firearm. There are a few places in Vegas that rent such firearms. Just don't know about the PRK.

I would love too shoot a M-16 or a AK or a Glock 18 they all look so fun

And yes, they are fun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
you should make a trip to knob creek for machine gun shoot you can shoot miniguns ,m2's etc.. full auto they are having one this weekend and one in october. checkout  link www.machinegunshoot.com/index.htm
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#6]
There are ranges here in Florida (and I imagine other states) that rent them but they are often not in very good shape and operate far from ideally so it's pretty important to be comfortable with the operation of the firearm first. Plus you often have to be a member of the range or well known to them. That said, at the end of the day you spend far, far more in ammo than in renting the gun. No license or permission is required to operate, just own.

If you can find something that does instruction in the operation of the gun as well as firing technique (which is very different from range bench semi shooting) that would probably be most enjoyable for a first trip.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Greg,

Your best bet is a range in Las Vegas, although the ammo is expensive and you have to buy ammo from them, it will be you closest place to shoot anything full auto. At most gunshops with indoor range, You can basically rent a pistol caliber SMG on their promise and blast a couple of mags.  I don't know if there is a out door range that rents machine gun, you will have to check the phone book when you are there.  I believe Frontsight offers a submachinegun class for free for a day, they will let you shoot their Victor UZI, at the same time, you have to sit through thier sales pitch for their classes.

Another way is to find a C3 dealer and befriend him, then go shooting with him.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#8]
You could always come to the BRC and try some NFA weapons
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I figured I would throw this picture in just to make you jealous. This is me at the most recent VA shoot trying out another members 1919 in full auto. Of course the owner the 1919 is a class 2 so he had lots of fun toys to try that day .

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, you can shoot a full auto without owning one. The legal owner must be present. A buddy of mine has an M-16. He offered to loan it to me but I checked with the ATF just to be sure it was legal. They said as long as he was present anyone who wasn't prohibited by law from handling firearms could shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#11]
You can shoot a full auto for FREE all day at FrontSight in Las Vegas, NV.  Been there & its ammo, drinks, & food provided along with detailed instruction on how to use the particular full auto you will be shooting...no strings attached, no obligation.  You can listen to their sales pitch at the end of the day IF you like & if not...just walk.

It's worth it if you are close by.

See:
www.frontsight.com/1day_smg_course.htm
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Not sure where you CA guys are located, but there is a place in San Bernardino that does full-auto rentals.  He is a CADOJ permited machinegun dealer.  Last time I went, he had a Calico 9MM and a M16-9MM.

I would call to check out what he has before I made the drive.  But if you are in SoCal, it is definitely a shorter drive than Vegas.

Daves Indoor Gun & Archery  
766 S Lugo Ave,San Bernardino,CA 92408
Phone: (909) 884-5584

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#13]
come to las vegas...the survival store off of i15 and spring mt. rd. have full auto guns to shoot ..thompsons,m16's,mp5's etc..also the gun store on tropicana ..same stuff...very cool,everyone should do it once...p.s. cali gun laws suck blue whale...
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#14]
during the weekend of memorial day, there is a full auto shoot in anderson, alaska. four hours noth of anchorange. sat they compete with subguns, assault rifles and belt feds. sunday is open to the public. ask an owner if you can shoot, says yes you can play.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]
There's a place in Utah you can rent a FA.  But like the previous poster said; you yourself don't have to have a Class III license to shoot a FA.

If you are ANYWHERE near Las Vegas, and by near I mean in the USA,  GO THERE and take the free SMG course.  I took it last weekend and I can't say enough good stuff about it.  I'm currently scrounging around for the $$$ to sign up as a member there.

But even if don't intend to ever go back there, go for the free SMG class.  It's totally worth the drive or flight.

crash.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Take a trip to Scottsdale, AZ.  Place is called the Armory.  They rent full auto or suppressed weapons.  It costs like $50 an hour and they meet you at a range with the weapons.  They had a M16A2 or A1, can't remember, full auto AK-47, and a Minimi (otherwise known as a SAW, the Army's newer belt fed machine gun) and a lot of other weapons that I can not recall.  I also read in the paper they are going to start a thing where you rent the machine gun and they provide a Humvee with the machine gun mounted and they drive you around.  You do not have to be licensed, so they supervise you.  I have never rented these, just telling you what I know.  But like someone said, price of ammo would be a big concern, the SAW does 850 rounds of .223 a minute and if we go to Ammoman's website, it costs $229 for 1000 rounds of unbelted ammo (the belted kind would cost you more I bet) so that's like a minute and 20 seconds of continous fire that would cost you over $300 (ammo and rental fee)  
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Your best bet would be to leave California!!!!
If you're a conservative, living in Ca. must be a bitch. I honestly could not survive in Ca.
Well perhaps I could survive. However, it would be difficult behind bars.

I'm not sure who I would zero in on first!

I am blessed to be living here on the east coast in Pennsylvania. I'll take 4 months of
bad weather in order to keep my guns, ANY DAY!

Hell, who am I kidding? I love winter here.
The Chevy Silverado HD and a snow plow help make it bearable.
What a joy it is to be the only sole on a snow
covered road full throttle with 8.1 liters, or as real men measure horse power (496 cubic inches) from the Motor General under the hood!

Okay, I made a right turn in Albuquerque!
What was the question?

I'm just busting your west coast chops!

http://pages.prodigy.net/labradorx3/public_html/class3.JPG

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
To be able too legally shoot a F/A do you have too actually have a class 3 or are there places that will rent you a full auto that you can shoot under there supervision? I would love too shoot a M-16 or a AK or a Glock 18 they all look so fun. anyone know of any places in CA that you could do that or would I have too go out of state?

Its very fun.  I shot an M16 for the first time this weekend at the Machine Gun shoot at Knob Creek.

www.knobcreekrange.com
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#19]
for those who live in S. Commiefornia......,
we have a full auto range here in Tucson, 7777 E. Valencia Rd.

you can rent or bring yer own.........
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#20]
You can shoot other things full auto without any type of license. Try an air-soft electric gun-shoots 6mm BBs full aut and cheaper than real ammunition. Then play a tape in the background of real full-auto fire.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 1:34:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
for those who live in S. Commiefornia......,
we have a full auto range here in Tucson, 7777 E. Valencia Rd.

you can rent or bring yer own.........

just wish Rick would get the rifle range finished
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#22]

If ever in Manchester NH, (3 minutes from the airport), you can rent everything upto an M-60, which is the coolest full auto gun I ever shot, the slow chunka chunka and links spilling out the right side can't be beat...
www.gunsnh.com/machineguns.html

For shooting 9mm and 45 subguns, this was a great place in vegas, mentioned previously.

www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/rental.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top