Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2002 8:48:43 PM EDT
I recently purchased a pre ban colt Sporter Hbar. It has the 1 in 7 twist barrel and is not a parts gun. My question is this-- I noticed that the front cap that the hand guards slide into are the triangular style, even though this is an a-2 model. My new bushy has a round cap. Everything is A-2 on this gun and the guy I bought it from bought it new from a dealer who verified it. Did Colt have a transition period when they switched over from triangular to round? This gun is also w/o the block in the receiver and only has 1 minor scratch by the mag well. I paid $900 for it and it looks like new. He also threw in a Colt 3o rd mag that has 68xxxx on the side along with two 20 rd colt mags
This gun does not have the fence by the mag release button either.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Both my Colts from the 1989-1990 period have the triagular handguard cap.

Sometimes it seems as though the entire 1985-present era has been one long running transition period with Colt. It is indeed possible to find a mixture of old and new parts on their guns.

$900 for any pre-ban Colt in servicable condition is a good deal.

Nice find.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sometimes it seems as though the entire 1985-present era has been one long running transition period with Colt.

Tell me about it.

My NIB SP2 came as follows:

A2 stock
A2 Handguards
A1 sights
A1 barrel
A2 flash hider

Basically, it's a mix'n match rifle.

But, I love her anyway.

$900 is an excellent price.  Ya did good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top