Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 10:52:52 AM EDT
Found a preban NIB Bushmaster 20" HBAR and couldn't pass it up.  I'd like to M4 it out with a new upper but my pocketbook is going to be code red for a while!  Even my FFL, who deals in a lot of ARs, thinks it's a beauty!

Thought now would be the time before the question in 2004 becomes more focused.  While this rifle cost the equivilant of two new post-ban rifles I have a hard time seeing our government 'allowing' us to have evil features ever again.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, paying that much $ in relation to how much a post-ban (or two) costs definitely sucks, but IMHO it is well worth it.  Especially if the AWB is re-enacted/extended when it sunsets in 2004.  If that happens, I feel the price of pre-bans will then be considerably more than they are now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Considering that the only real loss is a bayonet lug, whats the big deal?  I'll take my post ban with a brake for half the price!  Not to mention, there is a damn good chance that the bill will sunset, especially since it wasn't fact based, only fear based.  Everyone now knows what a sham it was now.  I'd also look at the fact that guns are not a big issue anymore, back then it was though.  

The research I've done into this says its going to sunset.  Not to mention the WTO will be weighing in on the issue as soon as any government protests the international embargo on gun goods in the US.  This is a clear violation of international WTO policy.  Think about it...the US can make a FAL for consumption, but will not allow importation?  

Consider the bill dead in a couple years!  I'll then buy my preban upper while most of you wonder why a bayonet lug and flash suppressor were such big deals!  

To each his own.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, I forgot, Minman, the New World Order, um I mean WTO, actually supports my right to keep and bear arms.  Uh, yeah...

I already have a few post-ban Bushies but want a real flash hider, the real reason to want a preban, and a collapsable stock when I build my M4gery.  Hey, if all goes well in 2004 then I can buy preban config'd uppers for all my rifles and I'm out the equivilant of a rifle in the safe.  I also have a historic 'Purple Bushie' to boot! If it doesn't, and expect a post-Sept 11th "safety-first" hysteria about the expiration of the 94 crime bill being a boon to "terrorists", then hey, it's money well spent.

Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oh, I forgot, Minman, the New World Order, um I mean WTO, actually supports my right to keep and bear arms.  Uh, yeah...

Actually, I said that the US laws banning imports of guns and ammo is illegal according to WTO regulations.  When a country finally brings suit, the US can be driven to change its laws in favor of importation of guns we otherwise would not get again.  With the importation restrictions cut, do you think banning a flash hider and bayo lug would stand?  WTO can save us!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:01:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I see your theoretical point, Minman, and have even considered it myself.  But while the WTO might force a reduction in our pollution and worker safety standards I really have a hard time seeing it charging hard for guns.  The WTO is one of the ultimate tools of the monied elite in this world and I don't think they go to bat to see the peons better armed...!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top