Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 4:50:55 PM EDT
I am planning on getting a Bushmaster XM15 E2S V Match Carbine.

Here is what I am expecting from this rifle.  

I want a rifle that will shoot 1" groups or better at 100 yards, without handloads.  I load but don't have enough time to load that much.

I want it to be a flat-top for mounting optics.  I am planning on using this gun for coyote calling and general varmint shooting.  

Any opinions and help would be greatly appreciated.  

I am planning on limiting this to a 300 yard gun, I already have guns for longer shooting than that.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to AR15.com!

Sounds like you have already made the right choice.  You might not get consistant 1moa with surplus ammo, but you can with better ammo (I'm not the ammo expert around here, I can afford surplus so that is what I usually shoot).

Good luck
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Also I am open to other members suggestions.  I hear alot of different variations of these guns on this board.  So any help would be appreciated.  What is everyone's opinion of the gun stated above?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The choice is a good one. It is possible to get close to 1moa requirement on the carbine. You would need to figure out which factory ammo will the Bushy like and don't like. It will be a trial and error process until you get the desired results you wanted.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 10:04:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Good choice.  Good gun.  Humping a free float gets heavy tho.... however, you chose a 16", which wont be as heavy.  

Getting TRUE, RELIABLE, 5 shot sub MOA is no picnic... as I am learning.  you might, or might not get lucky.

The trick will be to try many different types of match ammo, and see what works.  If you have the means to load... I would think you would want to find what is perfect in this gun, and make a bunch for it.

Regardless, I cannot think of a better setup for what you are looking to do.  

Get an armalite one piece scope mount for your optics.  No worries in the field.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I want it to be a flat-top for mounting optics.  I am planning on using this gun for coyote calling and general varmint shooting.  

You asked for opinions so here's mine.
Get something in .243
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies so far.  Any idea on what the price of this gun will be wholesale?  I have to go down to my FFL buddies place later today, he said he'd get it for me at cost, I really don't know what the cost even is.  I might be selling my Benelli M1 Super 90 to fund this project.  

Also I have a 243 already (Remington model 700), also already have a Remington 700 223 and a Mini 14.  

I load for all of my guns from 223 to 7mm Rem Mag.  

Loading for the AR won't be a problem this summer when I am not at college.  Right now my loading bench is 110 miles from me.  :(

Anyone use a Sightron scope on this board?  I've heard some good things about them and am thinking of toppping the AR off with one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top