Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2002 8:45:44 AM EDT
Need some Expert advice and opinions from fellow Members.

I would like to have minimum machining done to maintain as much carrier weight/mass as possible. Can the area to expose firing pin collar be done only, or is opening of rear portion of carrier also required? If so, I have read that only a 1/4" or so may be necessary, rather than removing 1"+ of the closed rear.

What are Your recommendations?

To avoid the obvious question; NO.. NONE of my AR's have m16 carriers installed.. ALL conform to BATF regs.. this question is posted for planning of future project only.

Thanks in Advance for your feedback!
Bravo5-2

*Have also posted the question to KKF in Industry Forums.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
the area covering the firing pin does NOT have to be done.  (Lotboy's new Colt post ban came with the firing pin collar in M16 fashion)

If you want to be perfectly legal you need to take enough material off of the rear so that it is incapable of tripping an auto sear.

If it were me, i wouldn't go to the trouble of machining it at all.  (assuming that you have no other 16 parts)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top