Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 7:24:56 PM EDT
I WENT TO THE LOCAL A LOCAL STORE AND FOUND A TOMMY GUN VARIENT IN 45 CALIBER.  THE RIFLE IS MARKED "ENTERPRISE" ON THE RECEIVER AND "KOMMANDO" NEAR THE BACK OF THE RECEIVER, FROM WHAT I COULD REMEMBER.  CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS RIFLE (PROS AND CONS) AND A APPROX. PRICE.  THANKS.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If It's the one I'm thinking of, Steer Clear! I might even still have some of the one I had "traded" to Me years ago. It's a cheap sheet metal(With wrinkle paint) receiver, with a horrible trigger group(The source of My trouble!). I took the "Trade" to help out someone pay Me back for some work I'd done for Them, What a mistake! It never did work, not one shot! Tried to find parts with no luck. Took it to a "gunsmith"(The only one who would work on it!) who took it apart and couldn't get it to go back together! Save Your money!

Just went and dug it up, YEP! it's the same "gun"! Commando Mark III from Enterprise out of Ky. RUN AWAY!!

Tall Shadow

{edited cause' Its late and I'm tired!}
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.. I was about to buy one off of another member before he traded it. He said his worked good? Do they look like thompsons?  Any pics? If you still have all the parts and it looks decent I may be interested for the right price.\
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
TALL SHADOW, THIS ONE HAS THE FINNED BARRELL AT THE BACK AND A MUZZLE BREAK.  THE BARRELL LOOKS TO BE QUITE LARGE.  THE STOCK IS CAMOED.  HE STATED THAT HE'D SELL IT TO ME FOR $285.00.  I DID THINK THAT IT WAS THE SECOND OR THIRD TIME IT HAS BEEN TO THE SAME PAWN SHOP.  THANKS FOR THE INFO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I had one for a while,, it was made in Knoxville, TN,, maybe they improved from the KY versions... Mine worked good,, and accuracy was better than I expected...If you could try before you buy!!!!, the ones I have seen at shows lately are usually carrying an "asking" price in the 400 range,,  back in the 80's I think they were wholesaleing at about 179.00
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I think these were built by Volunteer Arms. I have seen some but was not very impressed. I heard they were not the best in reliabiliy or quality. They are a lot cheaper than the Kahr Arms/Auto Ordnance ones though. LAter.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Leave it where it is, they are crap!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Pics anyone?
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If It's the one I'm thinking of, Steer Clear! I might even still have some of the one I had "traded" to Me years ago. It's a cheap sheet metal(With wrinkle paint) receiver, with a horrible trigger group(The source of My trouble!). I took the "Trade" to help out someone pay Me back for some work I'd done for Them, What a mistake! It never did work, not one shot! Tried to find parts with no luck. Took it to a "gunsmith"(The only one who would work on it!) who took it apart and couldn't get it to go back together! Save Your money!

Just went and dug it up, YEP! it's the same "gun"! Commando Mark III from Enterprise out of Ky. RUN AWAY!!

Tall Shadow

Tall Shadow,  You want to part company with it?
 I might have something of trade value, or +/- a little cash. LMK... loose-round  [email protected] A board member too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I looked at one at a gunshow about 6 years ago, for $200.
I think it was made by Cherokee Arms, but it was from Knoxville.
Bet it was the same company.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:16:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Hello everybody. This is my first time so be gentle.HaHaHa. My wife recently bought me a barely used M1 Tommygun (Auto Ord type)but it didn't come with a mag. The gunshop found two Seymour mags but one was bent and the other did not lock in place. Found the same kind on gunbroker, so i figured be safe and get a 55$ one from Auto Ord.

Wrongo! Got a brand new 20rd that doesn't fit. Used the dremel, got it to fit, emailed A.O. & told them to cancel my "Back Ordered" 30rd. I'll fix the cheap ones! Yes, all this was done before I did a search here.

Hitting the range on my lunch hour, I'll see how good it works.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tall Shadow

Tall Shadow,  You want to part company with it?
 I might have something of trade value, or +/- a little cash. LMK... loose-round  [email protected] A board member too.

Hey loose-round,
When I said that I "dug it up" I meant It In literal terms! It was downstairs, in an old box, under a BUNCH of old debris, still in pieces, missing some of the same pieces(I never did get them all back!), and has developed rust in a few areas. I wouldn't feel right even giving it away!
I will/might rework it or scrap it some day, but It's not, by any means, even in worthwhile shape. Sorry If I had mislead You in to thinking that it was.

All The Best!,
Tall Shadow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top