Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2002 2:29:37 PM EDT
a yugo m48.  paid $200 w/out accessories :( but the box says 'match select' so i'm guessing that's good.  i'm gonna refinish the stock and find a big ol blade to stick on the end of it.  then it's going on my wall.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#1]
On your wall??  Dude, that's a shooter!
I took my $48.00 Turkish Mauser out today, only 20 rounds later, my shoulder is sore as hell!
I bought mine frooom Big 5, for 48 bucks!  It5 was dripping with cosmo, but with a lot o work it looks better than some of the more expensive makes.  Taker out an shoot it.  Talk about power, if you've never shot one, you see what I'm talking about.  Good luck and be safe!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On your wall??  Dude, that's a shooter!
I took my cheapo Turkish Mauser out today, only 20 rounds later, my shoulder is sore as hell!
I bought mine from Big 5, for 48 bucks!  It was dripping with cosmo, but with a lot o work it looks better than some of the more expensive makes.  Taker out an shoot it.  Talk about power, if you've never shot one, you see what I'm talking about.  Good luck and be safe!
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
oh it will be shot, i just think once i get that bayonet on there it will look awesome hanging in my bedroom.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I just pick up a turk mauser and hungarian M44  but hav'nt had a chance to shoot'em yet.Congats and enjoy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#5]
My M48A was in unfired condition.  Man it shoots good.  This is one of the great values out there now.  BTW, don't go overboard with the stock refinish, the wood is Teak.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I picked one up from big 5 as well.
But I had them pull out like 8 from the back, I cleaned the bores on all, and found one with re-blued receiver and re-blued barrel, plus the barrel was re-barreled. Rifling was DEEEPP.
Was shocked, It made the one I exchanged for it ( The extractor was broke, and so I exchanged it for one of my choice) look like a piece of crap.

Stock need on new one feels like it needs to be sanded, but has 1/2 of the cosmoline of the first one in the stock.

I took it out few days ago and I had 3 bullets touch at 50 yards standing, so i felt really good after that. Never shot that good rest of day, but that luck came at good time.

Recoil wasn't that disrupted to me. Feels like 30-06 to me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Are you guys buying these online or locally?

If online then can you please post the web address?
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#8]
i got mine at a gun show.  i don't know what i'll do with the stock but it looks pretty good; just have to get all that cosmoline out of it.  there appears to be a small crack (?)on the rear of the bolt but i don't think it will affect anything.  overall i'm pleased with what i got.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top