Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2002 2:28:00 PM EDT
What are the laws in ohio reguarding shooting a high power rifle on your own land ,I bought 5 acres  in guernsey county ,knox twpship .I know that I can shoot hand guns,shotguns and .22's but not sure if you can shoot a high power rifle like .223,7.62x39,.308 etc.....Thanks Jim
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
as long as it's not in the city i think you're good to go..that's how it is in wisconsin anyway.  also depends if you have neihbors.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Kleveland right now ,but the land I bought is on rt.658 just north of twp. 188(big indian rd).I have a deep revine that I can shoot down into.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You should be ok, just get to know your neighbors if there are any.  Maybe check with the Sheriff's department.  They will be of help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top