Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2002 9:58:58 AM EDT
I see references from time to time about Breakfree CLP and how its composition was altered because the military sd it caused liver damage.  I'm guessing that there is a kernal of truth in there somewhere, wrapped up in a whole big bunch of internet rumor.

I'd like to know the real story, and, if possible,  if theres a web site where the "facts" can be found.

thx
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and drink some, and let us know!!
I'd like to find someone in the military who doesn't have liver damage, not from breakfree, but from all the jungle juice, and beer we drank. In the Airborne Infantry, that was nearly a  ritual.
Of course there were other things that could mess up your liver, like 98%Deet (bug juice) All the shots they gave us anytime we deployed probably weren't good for us either.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]
When I was active duty Corps, around 90, they issued an order that WMs (women Marines, called Got-Dammed Double Ms by several senior NCOs) could not clean weapons if they were or could be with child, due to CLPs effects.

The same rule was not posted or given at my guard unit, so either the changed CLP was not toxic or the guard dropped the ball again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top