Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2002 9:56:02 AM EDT
What's the difference between the two?  
I can get a NIB model B, with the case, etc, and such.  
Cost is $1500 with Tax, with the case, instructions, orginal mags, extra mags, jungle clip, and 500 rds of ammo/

Is there much difference between the two??  
Thanks
c-rock
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I had heard that the original Model A Uzi was banned for import by ATF because they felt it was too easy to convert to full auto. However, I don't think that is accurate except for a very few early Model As.

The main differences I can think of is that the Model A has the same sights as the SMG and set for the 10.2" barrel while the Model B has sights for a 16" barrel and can be adjusted without tools. I've also heard that the blocking bar in the A is only spot-welded, while he blocking bar in the B is welded along its full length.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
It was my understanding that the Mod-A fires from a open bolt and the Mod-B fires from a closed bolt. Both however both are semi auto only.I can't say 100% because I have only had experience with the B mod. The open bolt method of cycling was considered to be too easy to make in to a full auto. Hence our lovely ATF's ruling!
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I've owned a Model A and it fires from a closed bolt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top