Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2002 4:29:27 PM EDT
New Member. Been 'Lurking' for awhile.
Picked up my 1st AR today.
Bushmaster A2 20" HBAR.
Went at lunch, did all the freakin paper work - New 4473!!??$$$ - I guess they're looking for "Terorist's"!! w/ the paperwork!!! and then the dealer called in for the 'NICS' and the Freakin system was down!!!
So much for the "INSTANT CHECK SYSTEM"
Anyway, he got through finally and I picked it up after work.
No prior experience w/ AR's.  Have downloaded and read/studied manuals.
Have 200 rds of Rem 55 GR Power-Lokt HP and picked up 100 rds of UMC 55 GR FMJ at WallyWorld today for $3.97/box of 20.
Plan on shooting tomorrow or this weekend using the standard 25M site in and go from there.
Will order some USGI 20/30rd mags and want to order some 3131A from Ammonman.
Any suggestions/comments/advice appreciated.
Just wanted to 'Check In' and say Hello.
I've already picked up a lot of good info here.
OBTW I've been shooting/hunting for 40+ yrs. - rifle/shotgun/pistol/revolver/bow, but my only semiauto rifle experience is w/ a Norinco SKS I picked up last summer.  I REALLY LIKE that weapon and it lead to the decision to go for the AR.
Gotta go do chores at the barn. I'll check back later.
Thanks Again,
Larry
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard Larry....

I also have a SKS ( amongst others ) and they are great guns for the money.

Stick around you are going to love it here.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats.  First suggestion - stop buying ammo by the box.  You'll soon realize the only way to keep that thing fed is to buy it by the case.

Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#3]

I will agree, you need to start buying by the case, maybe even the half case if money is tight .
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome from the Great White North!  Lot's of good folks here, and as you know, a lot of good information on these forums.  Good shootin!  

hsld.
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to THE site!
Sounds like you've got it figured out - but as others have said, buy by the case if you can.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Welcome!

As stated above - by the case is the only way to fly.

Q3131A - good choice.

Tate
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 1:15:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top