Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2002 5:27:17 PM EDT
i am taking a trip to vegas soon, and would like to know where a good place to shoot would be located nearby, i wanna do some bumping(firing), and can no longer do it at my range they cry when it sounds like a machine gun, well i just cannot stroll into the desert and start rippin em off, so where is it legal for me to unload the ar's
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
i am taking a trip to vegas soon, and would like to know where a good place to shoot would be located nearby, i wanna do some bumping(firing), and can no longer do it at my range they cry when it sounds like a machine gun, well i just cannot stroll into the desert and start rippin em off, so where is it legal for me to unload the ar's

I'm not from Vegas, but I do spend one week a year there for a tradehow (In fact I'll be there next week). There are areas outside city limits controlled by the BLM where locals go to shoot.

Last year I had to spend a night in the desert 20 miles south off I15(I arrived a day early and there were no hotel rooms to be found). When I woke up I was next to a ravine where someone had recently been firing .223 at rusty 55 gallon drums.

I go to an indoor rifle range that rents SMGs. They also have a map of legal areas to shoot. They're pretty close to the strip. You might want to check with them.

American Shooters Supply
3440 Arville St.
702-362-1223
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
My inlaws live there, does that count  Not sure of places you can go and shoot but I do know that The Gun Store rents full autos.  Thats tons of fun.  You might also want to check out Machine Gun Kelly's just off the strip.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My inlaws live there, does that count hoot

The reason I like American Shooters Supply is because they TRUST you to transport the SMG and ammo from the counter to the shooting station. At The Gun Shop, there's someone there assigned to carry the SMG to the shooting station and load the weapon for you. I think I'll check out Machine Gun Kelly's this time around.

Also, last year there was a local that was kind enough to let me fire his MP5K. Woo Hoo!
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 4:07:01 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, tell me about it, i have been to the gun store, did the 9mm ar thing, felt like a dork, they carried the gun, and they did all of the mag swaps for me, the man was not a very trusting person, bummer, i did not know there was another shop to rent auto's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top