Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2002 6:36:26 AM EDT
One of these pistols is being donated to the BRC by Alchemy Arms.  The rest of the info is for a new promotion that Castle Arms is just kicking off!

These will be a special run 10rnd 45acp, that is a cross between a Glock and a 1911...  These will feature Heinie's Straight Eight Slant Pro night sights, and be custom engraved.  Furthermore, they will be serialized "CAH-001 thru CAH-050". The CAH stands for "Castle Arms/Heinie", since this is a joint project with the master pistolsmith.

The firearm in question is the Alchemy Arms "Spectre" SG series, with the milspec finish.

The numbers sold are 001, 002, 007, 013 and obviously 050...  All others are available, but since they are being built in 2 lots, the numbers will only be allocated up to 025, then when those are all gone, the remainder will be allocated!

While the regular retail of this outstanding pistol is $775, we will be offering this one-time custom configuration for only $750 (with the Heinie sights!).  Furthermore, I'll be checking on the best possible prices for the M5 and also the M6/Laser.

This is a special promotion in order to gain exposure for this awesome and relatively unknown company, that is being handled solely by Castle Arms.  Basically, when we met these guys and fell in love with their product, we wanted to help them gain industry recognition  and give you guys a great deal on quite possibly the most unique new pistol to enter the scene.

I fired this last evening immediately after taking the pics shown below, and can attest to this actually having less felt recoil than a 9mm.  This was a claim the manufacturer made, and we thought it was just typical hype and bullshit...  It's most certainly not!

Here are 2 pics of the Spectre... The 2nd pic shows an "Insight M5" tac-light mounted to the rail

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Want more info, where to get,
GG
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Call us at 217-223-5082!
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:39:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a chance to shoot the Spectre at the Mid-MO S.C.U.B.A. shoot.  I immediately fell in love with it and told Anti to hold #25 for me!

This is a awesome handgun....I can't say enough about it!  It is going to replace my Glock as my Tac Pistol.

medcop
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just curious, but could you post a pic or two of what it looks liked field striped? I think it would help to show more of the quality/workmanship.

Tyler

It looks for the most part like a Glock when stripped. Very high quality. Nicely finished. This is only the demo model, the actual pistols will be much nicer, and even more refined. Medcop was knocking cans over at 40 yards with it. Remind me not to piss him off at anything under 50 yards.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
This may be a stupid question, but how would one go about ordering one of this pistols?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:48:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Call Castle Arms and ask for Tim.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I also shot one of these at the MO "amphibious" shoot a couple of Saturdays ago.  Basically you are talking about a Glock with a well tuned 1911 trigger.  The grip safety works, you can carry it cocked and locked like a 1911, and the design allows for multiple strikes on the same cartridge, which a Glock cannot do.  The felt recoil is interesting...basically it is there but it is short.  My USP Tactical has a longer recoil stroke that isn't very sharp... this gun has a sharp recoil but it isn't a long recoil at all, so if you are holding the gun strongly it is VERY controllable because it snaps straight back and then the sights just come right back down.  One possible negative--as I recall there were some issues with it getting water in the firing pin area, have these been addressed Anti?
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One possible negative--as I recall there were some issues with it getting water in the firing pin area, have these been addressed Anti?

Yes, the bleed hole for the striker mechanism is being enlarged...
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
For you guys who weren't there, you might not understand the water issue.  The gun misfired a couple of times.  Why?  Because the gun had been left with the breech open, slide locked back, in the pouring rain.  Anti loads up a mag anyway, shakes some of the standing water off the gun, loads it up, and the thing goes "click".  But believe me, we couldn't have gotten wetter if we had been swimming in a river playing "Navy Seals" or something--we were all soaked to the bone, and so were the guns.  Thus water in the firing pin hole and a light primer strike.  But that Spectre wasn't the final version anyway, it was a prototype.  Its going to be a NICE pistol when perfected.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I really hope they are finished and in by the BRC.  

Tim,

$$ is coming your way this week for #25!

medcop
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]
looks interesting. I have two questions. How much will the mags cost and can aftermarket grips be used.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#13]
1) Medcop -- They are "supposed" to arrive this next Wednesday or Thursday, so as long as I have an FFL in hand for you, it will ship upon arrival.

2) Mags are going to be around $32ea.

3) Grips cannot be added.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top