Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2002 5:06:27 AM EDT
I found an unissued Bulgarian Makarov for $190, with cleaning kit and 2 mags.

Is this a good deal?  I've heard good things about these little guns, but haven't kept up on the current prices.

Thanks in advance.

Bud
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Bud, you might try asking this question over in the Handgun Forum also.  Say Hi to Josh for us.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Don.

Say hello to Kelley and the kids.

Bud
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
That is NOT a great deal for a Bulgie Mak. I've seen and paid $120-$140 OTD for them. The East German models are superior but currently hard to find. I have heard about numerous problems with the commercial Bulgie Maks (sold under the "Arsenal" banner) but the military/police Bulgies are nice. You may have to polish the feed ramp in order to feed HP (hey, it was designed for FMJ) and you may need to replace the recoil spring with a Wolffe replacement (they sell a Mak tuning kit) other than that it should work like a champ. FWIW I've owned 2 EG and 2 Bulgie Maks. Check over at www.gunboards.com / message boards / Makarovs
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the useful information, Makarov.

Bud
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#5]
   Bud, I have a Russian Military 9X18 Makarov pistol, and it is a Great pistol.  Go to www.Makarov.com

In Shotgun news is ad I believe for those who have there FFL, 1 @ $109.00 or 2 @ $99.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top