Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2002 4:55:16 AM EDT
I would like to buy a lightweight rifle rest, any suggestions from those with experience?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 5:17:47 AM EDT
[#1]
what are you looking for specificly ??????

i just took two oak 3/4"x3/4" 4' long sticks, drilled two holes in both, one hole about 6" from top, run a 10-24 screw thru it, put on a nut & tightened it, run a length of parachute cord thru the other holes about 2' lower & knotted both ends, spread out it makes a big X, works for me..., standing, siting or kneeling......

but if it is a bench rest you want....... they're heavy.., make one i did !!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Iwas thinking about a table model, something better that a folded soft gun case.  Should I get some cheap sand rests or a metal framed ransom type??
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Iwas thinking about a table model, something better that a folded soft gun case.  Should I get some cheap sand rests or a metal framed ransom type??

Depends on what you want to do really.

The Outers Varminter rest isn't horrible and I managed to shoot some decent groups with mine during load development. These should run in the $50-70 range. It is light, adjusts decently and could be used off of a vehicle in the field.

Last year, I bought a Sinclair all purpose rest and a rear bag for $289 total. Great rest, stable and adjusts nicely. I can't say it has helped equal to the cost but I would still buy it again. It weighs all told close to 14 pounds.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Large ALICE LOL
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Wichita (sp?) Arms. ransom rest I got from Blue Press for $168. It included a pistol mount. I am very happy with it and would recommend it.

http://dillonprecision.com/template/p.cfm?maj=45&min=0&dyn=1&
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top