Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2002 12:20:55 PM EDT
I like to get a little info on these rifles.

Eagle arms AR-10 = How much are they going for? What type of mags do they use? Last what have you heard about them?

ASA AR-10 = How much are they going for? What have you heard about them?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Eagle Arms AR-10's are made by ArmaLite. They are similar to the ArmaLite brand except that the barrels are not chrome-lined. I see them advertised alot for around $995. They use the same mags as the ArmaLite AR-10. I know nothing about the ASA AR-10. We have a forum for AR-10's on this site. Maybe you can find more answers there.

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=62
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You will never go wrong with armalite...
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The Eagle Arms/ArmaLite use converted M-14 mags.

An interesting combination that's finding favor is to get an Eagle Arms lower and an ArmaLite upper to get the chrome-lined barrel.

I won't comment on ASA.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want an AR10, buy Armalite.  They will be here 5 years from now.  And if you do a search you will notice

a) nobody says much nice about ASA,
b) resale on ASA AR15 rifles is much lower than Armalite AR15 rifles, and
c) the ASA forum is closed?????????

In your shoes I would buy the Armalite.  Well, I WAS in your shoes and I did buy the Armalite.  A quality product.  You get what you pay for.

James
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Not too many used armalite rifles for sale..........HHMMM.....wonder why?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info on these rifles!! I was looking at the ASA because they could use FAL mags that I got a lot of. So I guess I just might go for the FAL because I have about 10 FAL mags.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:11:38 AM EDT
[#7]
That's sort of letting the tail wag the dog.  The ArmaLites are the better rifle.

If you get a FAL spend the extra money and buy a pre-ban from Springfield, FN, or Steyer.  All of the current ones are made from used parts and some US parts that aren't as good as the FN parts.

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I like to get a little info on these rifles.

Eagle arms AR-10 = How much are they going for? What type of mags do they use?

ASA AR-10 = How much are they going for?

I paid 915.00 shipped to my FFL for a Eagle arms AR10 flat top. They use Armalite 10 round mags which are basically a M14 mag thats shorter or they use a Modified M14 mag done by Armalite.

ASA = Bad

Go out and shoot the 223 rifle then the 308...you won't put down the 308. Its fun.

Rick

Link Posted: 4/5/2002 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I paid $970 for my Eagle AR-10 flattop with scope mounts and rings..  Wish I'd have gotten a factory muzzle brake though..  It jumps a bit and locals want $200 for a brake..  Installed..  Love it otherwise..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top