Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 6:36:19 PM EDT
As some of you may remember, my Sig P228 pistol broke about three weeks ago.  I called SigArms last week and they sent me the right side trigger spring at no charge.  It arrived in the mail today.  It was a very easy 5 second install.  So I now have my Sig back in operation!!

SigSauer is topnotch as far as I am concerned!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh boy.....Thats interesting.  I have a SIG 228.  I have had only one jam up with about 400 rounds.  What do you think caused your problem?  I am very interested cause my 228 is my "concealed carry" gun.

thanks....

Oh, glad to here that you got your problem squared away.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Orion526,

I bought the P228 second hand two years ago.  SInce then I have put way over 2000+ rounds thru it myself, who knows how many were fired before that.  If you take off your grips you will see a 3/4 circular wire/spring towards the top.  This is what broke.  It holds up the lever that attaches the trigger to the hammer.  I have had the pistols grips off a few times and this wire tends to catch on things, this I believe was the main cause of its fatigue.

When I called SigSauer(603-772-2302) they told me it was reccommended that this wire/spring get replaced every 3 years, regardless of how many rounds fired thru it.  Like I said earlier, they sent me the spring for free!!  Give them a call and maybe they can send on out to you, just in case you ever need it.  It really is simple to put in, just hook one side into a hole and slide the other end into a grove.  If you take your grips off and look at the one installed now you will understand how it works.

I will reiterate: I believe the springs breakage was more the result of my actions than anything else.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Good deal.  

Thank you sir....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top