Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2002 2:41:32 PM EDT
What opinions do you people have on DPMS? (Good, bad, inaccurate, etc.) from your experiences?
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a stainless fluted 16" bull barrel upper that I sold to another board member.  It functioned perfectly and was pretty accurate.  I did not use it that much before I sold it though...  My experience left me with no reason not to get one again in the future.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 16" DPMS upper on a Bushy lower. No gripes. Is very accurate.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard from alot of gunsmiths and friends that DPMS is a very good company. They are comparible to a colt, bushmaster, or a armalite. I just oredered a Panter Classic Sixteen on the weekend and i'll post the results on it when I get it. They are suppossed to be great guns and the company has good customer service.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one and I think its great, I did have to send it back for a minor repair though.  Their customer service is top notch though and mine was fixed and back to me in about a week and a half.  I think you will not be dissapointed with their products.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]
My DPMS DCM has a 1" MOA and hasn't had any function problems.

I don't like the clear ten round mags they ship with it, they tend to pop out the top bullet when you slam the mag home.

I just use Orlite or USGI mags instead.
I also think Bushmaster gives the customer a better manual.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What opinions do you people have on DPMS? (Good, bad, inaccurate, etc.) from your experiences?

Under-rated and under-publicised.  DPMS has the largest selection of different rifles and accessories in the AR15 game.  I have a 24" varmint rifle from them and it's a tack driver.  DPMS also makes a lot of specialized parts that can be found on their web page.  Don't be put off by the size of their page, there's a lot of stuff there.  They don't advertise as much as other manufacturers but make a good product.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 16" post-ban from DPMS, and I've been really happy with it.  When I first got mine, it had a minor problem.  I emailed with DPMS, and got good quick replys, but ended up sending it back.  It was back very fast, and all fixed.  Great people to deal with, a good product, and lots of choices.

do
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
They've done work for me.  I'll do business with them again.
W
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Love my DCM.  Great customer service as well.  I will highly recommend!!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I have (2) A3 bull barrels (16" & 20") and am 110% satisfied.  Excellent fit, finish, and function.  Accuracy is consistently sub-MOA with variety of loads.

Also, have dealt directly with them (nice to have them in MN ) and have found their customer service and support to be superb.

Bravo5-2
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have had one for 2.5 year no problems what so ever
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I've never bought a complete rifle or an assembled upper from them, but I've got 3 lower receivers from them, 4 upper receivers (with 1 more on order) that I bought from them but assembled using barrels from different sources, and I've got tons of their parts in my other ARs.  Their parts are of excellent quality and they've got a great selection.  Some of the parts are a little more expensive than from other sources but the quality is generally good enough to warrant the additional expense.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#13]
On one occasion I had a lower that was out of spec. On another occasion some lower parts were out of spec.
YMMV
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#14]
i have 2 lowers and one had a tight magwell that they fixed for me and the other one is perfect. finish on both is spectacular.
thier parts are cheaper in price, just compare the ejetion port covers on bushmasters site and they're a couple bucks cheaper from dpms.  good people to deal with!
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a DCM also.  Love it.  Very accurate.  Just put an Aimpoint m2 on it.    
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:23:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Damn good company to buy from.  I've got one of their 24 spcls. and it shoots great.  Couldn't be happier.  You won't regret doing business with them.

ques
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top