Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 8:04:49 PM EDT
I'm thinking of selling/trading my Walther P22 (short barrel), but am still undecided. It's a good little pistol, but didn't live up to the hype IMO. If I decide to move it, I would like the replacement to be under $400 . I want to keep the additional cash to a minimum, as I am saving for the 02 LEGP and a 9MM AR. My interests would be semi-auto handguns (9MM or 45ACP), or assault type rifles. So, I'm looking for ideas on a new toy. Current considerations are; Glock, Beretta, AK and SKS. Any other suggestions or offers? If I decide to move it, I will move this to the EE section.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
at $269 i think its defintely worth keeping. mine eats anything, is very accurate, and generally fun to shoot. plus its great for teching others proper gun handling and pistol marksmanship. i vote keep it, my logic is: if the $250 you get for the pistol makes the difference in buying another AR or pistol then you should wait anyway...just my .02c
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I can understand the P22 delima but from my own experience I would have to agree... keep it. I have a Walther P22 and despite some early FTF and FTE problems (which was extremely frustrating and almost caused me to give it away!)I am very pleased with the pistol. I had to try out quite a few different brands of ammo. As she is EXTREMELY picky. But now that I have found what she loves she has been glitch free and very accurate ever since. Its a real pleasure to take out to the range. By the way you didn't state your reasons for wanting to get rid of the P22. It would be helpful to know what you are disappointed in about the P22. Perhaps we could then be of more help.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't say this enough!   Do this to it

and you'll be happy!  I just got mine last weekend, and holy s**t...sweeeet!

go to www.bgarmory.com and look under specials - that's where I got mine.

QS
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Tantalus,
My experience with the P22 is identical to yours. It's almost like there are to types of P22's. The ones that eat anything right out of the box, and then there's the finicky ones. It seems that I got one of the latter. The P22 scores major cool points for looks, especially when fitted with the surprssor (QuietShootr nailed it).
Rant mode - ON (not directed towards Tantalus)
IMO, it falters on reliabilty. A 22LR is supposed to be a fun plinker. I don't find FTFire and FTFeed fun. I don't think any stock 22LR from a good manufacturer should have "finicky about ammo" as a known and accepted characteristic. If it were as reliable as a (cheaper) 10/22, I would definitely hang on to it and probably buy few more. I'm sure that if I find the right ammo, it will run just fine, like yours. I just don't think that I should have to go through all that for a 22LR plinker.
Rant mode - OFF
Sorry, just venting a little. It HAS been a while since I went to the range. However it does sound like you know where I'm coming from on this.

If anyone is intersted in the P22, it is on the WTT section of the EE.  

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=105800
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 11:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Added link to WTT
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd keep it...then again, I'm a Walther guy myself.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree it didnt live up to the hype....

That compounded with the S&W bullcrap when I got it home and read the paperwork. I have NO stomach for anything S&W thats new....

Made it one to dump barely a couple weeks after I bought it.....

Nice thing about hype....no problem moving it right out if you dont want it anymore....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top