Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 4:28:14 PM EDT
bought a m16a2 light machine gun upper a little while back and considered trading it and still might, but decided to go out and shoot it today.

put right at 100 rounds threw it and it shoots pretty nice. used just ball ammo and after getting it sighted in fired it slow and fast, amazing.
have it on a pre-ban ar15 lower with all ar15 carrier in it.
all it did was rock back on the bi-pod a little and if you pulled the trigger as fast as you could at 100 yards all the shots stayed with in a one foot area.

have the an/pvs2 night scope and will go out some night and see how it works at night. also have the vortex flash hider to put on it.
man that thing eats up a 30 round mag as my self I do not think I have ever fired a semi- auto rifle except a .22 that kept it on target like that. nice anyone else shoot one before?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I got to shoot one full auto for a couple of mags once.  They really are a lot of fun.

How much did you have to pay for the upper?
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi, For starters it should not shoot any different than an A2, They are ALL FUN :) .. If you are going to sell Let me know. It would round out my collection of the two that i have already....
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#3]
would rather not say as a friend gave me a real good deal on it as he picked it up in a auction a while back and he made his money off a few of the other items he sold before this, lets just say he made me a offer I could not refuse.
had a little interest on a trade but my wife told me why get rid of it as I hardly ever keep anything very long and would not go out and buy one unless it showed up like this one did.
thought this would be a gas to shoot once in a while and if I ever get a m16 the upper would be a nice add on for it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
yes I agree it does shoot like a a2, just like the other one's I have. the lower is off one of my match rifles with a real nice two stage match trigger in it and had the weight in the stock and with the normal weight of the rifle with mag at 14.1 # and the 3 1/2 pounds in the stock it was at 17.9 #'s and then with the 7 1/2 pound night scope pushing it up to almost 25#'s it gives me alot of choices (have the colt 4x20 but did not use it on it today).
it was a nice break from my match rifles as that was my main purpose of fireing today.
do not plan on using it in the field with more than the standard 14.1 but I could.
think I will keep this for awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top