Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 12:58:13 PM EDT
I just installed an RRA lower parts kit in my FAB10.  I had some problems with is so it's temporarily out of commission for a while.  But anyway, dose anyone know what the trigger pull weight should be on an RRA or on other AR’s?  I could swear that you trigger weight was 12lbs – it felt like DA mode on one of my CZ’s.  There was little travel on the trigger though.

I was suppressed; I figured that the trigger pull would have been more like my CZ75 in SA mode.  Is 12lbs a normal amount of weight for an AR?  Or did RRA just put way to heavy of a spring on the hammer?  It took me, a set of pliers and my brother to install the hammer, I held it in place with the pliers while he started the pin with the hammer.
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
sulaco,

Don't know if it's normal or not, but...  Last year's AR15.com LEGP was an RRA M4gery.  Took mine out shooting once or twice, then took it to my FFL (who is also a gunsmith) for a trigger job.  He said it was off the end of his 12lb trigger scale before he worked on it.  It's much better now.

CPerret
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, well when the rifle gets back I'll give it some time and see how bad it really is.  From what I remember it was worst than my friends SKS trigger.

If it really is that bad then I’ll need to do a trigger job on her, well thanks for the info.  I may want to replace the hammer spring, dose anyone have any suggestions on who makes a good one?
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, military specifications call for a trigger pull of 5.5-9.5 pounds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a very low serial numbered Colt AR15A2 Govt carbine, its had maybe 350 rounds through it,, it is 6.5 on a RCBS scale. My friend who borrowed the scale has a Bushmaster with aprox 3k rounds through it , the scale maxes out at 8# I don't know if his was hitting 8 or actually going past..
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#5]
When I got my trigger weighed at Perry last year, they had to work to get it trip.  We were safely over the 4.5 lbs limit.  Oh yes, we all thought this was very funny. My friends still talk about it.  

Planning on getting a RRA two stage, or perhaps Holiger's modification of same.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top