Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2002 7:10:13 AM EDT
I'll post this here too.. already have on the conversion forum... I never see anything mentioned about the Colt .22 conversion,,, I bought mine back when I had a FFL , got it from Ashland shooting supplies for 69.00 on sale,, proably in 91-92.. it is clamshell packaged, has a full size plastic 10 round mag, and made, I assume by Colt,,at least that is what is says..put it in when I first got it and fired probably 300 rds.. worked great....how long did they make these.. whats it worth now,, part number is 94922..
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:01:25 AM EDT
[#1]
I rather stupidly sold 2 Colt .22 conversion units when I sold 2 pre-ban Colt rifles in '99.  As I remember I got both units in '92 or early '93 for $110 or so...

I heard or read somewhere that Colt stopped production at some point after the AW ban.  As far as current value, the units appear from time to time on eBay and seem to end up in the $200 range...

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1815850430

edited to add link
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:47:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I could never figure out why anyone would want to fire filthy rimfire through their AR.

you can't even get any range out of it cuz .22 LR bullet drop is horrible at rifle distances.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I could never figure out why anyone would want to fire filthy rimfire through their AR.

you can't even get any range out of it cuz .22 LR bullet drop is horrible at rifle distances.

Have you ever tried one??  I have a Ceiner conversion on a SP1 upper that I absolutely love.  I removed the gas tube since the .22 is recoil operated and that way the keeps fouling to a minimum.  This set up is more accurate that a 10/22 and is also a great way to practice my AR shooting skills at a fraction of the cost.

Seriously...don't knock it till you try it.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
don't you get goopy leady sludge all in your areas???
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
don't you get goopy leady sludge all in your areas???

No, not really.  The bolt area stays pretty clean and I clean the bore like any other .22 rifle.  The other great thing is there is no recoil.  My favorite local range has a .22 siloette(sp?) range and this rifle is perfect for it.  Many times I have been on that range with this rifle only to have the rangemaster come over to make sure I wasn't shooting FMJ .223 at the targets.

BTW..Total cost w/ 1 ten round mag was just $345!!

Sgtar15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top