Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2002 11:10:55 AM EDT
  Looked at a "Pre-ban" BM HB carbine, used for $900.00.  It looks like it has not been fired very much.

It just that the price seems a little low for a Pre-ban BM.

Is there a way through the serial number to I.D. a Pre-ban over a post-ban lower?

Would not want to get stuck with a Pre-ban upper on a post-ban lower!  I would assume the gun shop verified this also, before they listed as such and not just because there is a screw on flash hidder.

If I can verify that hte lower is Pre-ban, I feel $900.00 is a good buy.

Well?

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume you mean Bushmaster when you say BM, their cut off for pre ban is serial # 63000 area but from 58000 to 63000 they are mixed pre and post. E mail Bushmaster with the serial # and they will tell you within a couple days what it is. $900 for a pre ban Bushie is like stealing, the lowers go in the $1100- $1200 range.  Gene
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
if the guy says its a preban, then its a preban.

offer him at least 200 dollars more than he wants for it.

p.s. what does a gun that "hasn't been fired much" look like?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
www.geocities.com/Pipeline/2494/serial.html

Call Bushy and give them a serial number.  They'll help you out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top