Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2002 9:55:32 AM EDT
What are the required drift punch sizes needed for all work on an AR?  The only one I know about is 1/16", which is for the pin that holds the charging handle together.

I just bought a tac-latch, but I forgot to order a drift punch set.  Thre's no way this thing is going together without one.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Bushmaster sells an inexpensive set of 4 punches, which just happen to be exactly the size and type needed for ARs.  :)

-Troy

Yeah, I know.  But they don't tell what sizes they are online.  I was hoping to have some this weekend so I could install the tac-latch.

Anyway, I found the 1/16" tht I needed for it down at Home Depot.

I also found a list of what's needed in the Bushy catalog.  1/16", 3/32", 1/8", and 5/32" are the ones they sell.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
the army or marine tech book also has the sizes of the punches to use with what pins, etc.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
you need a 5/64ths for the gas tube..., 1/16th is a bit small........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top