Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 6:14:05 PM EDT
According to the April Outdoor life magazine it is Michelle Gallagher.

She won the long range rifle championship at Camp Perry last summer. Beat some of the best snipers in the military.

I tried to import a picture but exceeded my grasp. Maby that is reserved for paying members.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#2]
James E. Files
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that shooter69 may be the nicest person.  He's always been so sweet to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think these matches prove who is the best.  The matches are more like, he who spends the most money is the best.

To find the best, line them all up and hand each one a box stock 1903A3 with ball ammo.  Then let the games begin.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't think these matches prove who is the best.  The matches are more like, he who spends the most money is the best.

To find the best, line them all up and hand each one a box stock 1903A3 with ball ammo.  Then let the games begin.

Agreed, I think there should be restrictions on how much can a contestant can spend on his gears, I mean someone can get those 3000+ rifles with real good scopes and real good stocks and benchrest and probably shoot 3 inch groups at 1000 yards. I'd say give them all stock remington 700 ADL with Tasco world class (no leupolds, that would be a bit unfair....) in 30-06 and military ball ammo and let the game begin!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Agreed.  There has to be some kind of standard to eliminate any variation due to different equipment.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:18:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Michelle is awesome, but so is her sister Sherry. Sherry got talked into shooting a LEG match with a borrowed service rifle, somebody else's ammo, no sighters allowed so unknown zero, and came in second with something like a 470/500 on a VERY windy day. Their mother Nancy and stepdad Mid Tompkins are also 2 of the top shooters in the country.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]
how well would she do lying in the mud behind an M40A1, getting eaten by insects with raw elbows, hungry, thirsty and exhausted from getting into position???

anyone can beat anyone else on any given day if the conditions are in their favor (within reason of course)
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top