Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2002 12:58:07 PM EDT
I've been driven to idiocy by my problem! Basically my M4gery bolt will not extract a round all the way off a mag and push it into the chamber.

I'll get a partial feed but not full on.

Is my buffer spring too weak or malfunctioning mags (They're brand new)?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably a mag problem.  Check the feed lips.  Also, if you're loading the mag to full 30rd capacity, try letting off 2-3rds (load to 27 or 28) and try it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
You had me worried there for a minute. I was afraid you were saying I was a bum.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]

hahahahahhahaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahhaa

biggun thats hilarious

Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree.  Usually a mag problem.  What kind of mags are you using?  All of them are new?  Leads me to believe you might be using USA mags (simply because there are tons of new ones out there) - if so, go grab some used USGI mags with good feed lips and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]
also check the locking lugs for any burrs,and how well they lock in,they can really help find a mag that is sub standard,but that has functioned in another ar.also check how well the bolt rotates in the carrier,if these check out ok get another mag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top