Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2002 7:28:27 AM EDT
's is ?

I was looking at a brand new glock and it has some sort of a copper residue on it.  Not too much on the slide, but when you open it up, its all over the place.

Maybe some kind of factory lubricant ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#1]
anti sieze lube from factory
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
It's good stuff..  It will dissapear with cleaning, eventually..
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Word has it that you can get it from NAPA auto parts, called copper anti-seize lubricant item #765-2569 4oz ($4.49).
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Its called felpro thats what a glock armorer told me, its just like a packing grease they told me to clean it out good.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#5]
All,

It's FelPro Copper Anti-Seize Lube, just like gravitynoodle said.

Purpose (according to a Glock armorer that I know) is to assist in the break-in of the weapon.  Nothing special needs to be done, and bigyeti was correct in that it'll eventually go away.

It is not, however, packing grease.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
All,

It's FelPro Copper Anti-Seize Lube, just like gravitynoodle said.

Purpose (according to a Glock armorer that I know) is to assist in the break-in of the weapon.  Nothing special needs to be done, and bigyeti was correct in that it'll eventually go away.

that's what it is, don't remove it, let it "dissappear".  it is not a type of packing grease.
edited to say that i am a certified glock armorer.
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#7]
You can buy it here:

http://glockmeister.com/clean.html

Edited to make URL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top