Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2002 7:05:36 AM EDT
I have a chance to pick up a hardly used (less than 100 rounds through it) post ban Daewoo.  Included in the deal will be 2 20 round mags.  I don't know the maker of these mags. Also in the deal would be 9 30 round G.I. mags. Asking price is $800.

Question 1) Does this sound like a good deal?

Question 2) What is the barrel twist rate on this rifle?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
About 550.00 around here for just the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#2]
fair price with all the mags,
1:12 is the twist rate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 8:33:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Fair.
I'd offer less.
Or get a Bushmaster.
The mags are what makes it fair.
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Pretty fair price for the gun, but please remember, Daewoo not longer are in the gun business here in the US, if you break anything on the gun, you are SOL.  I have seen someone search for a Daewoo bolt for ever, since the one he had cracked in half.  as far as I know, no luck so far.  you might be able to get an AR bolt to work, but no guarantee.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input guys.
I already have several ARs and Bulgarian SA-95s but a friend of mine wanted to sell off this rifle.  He offered me first shot to buy but neither of us knew if it was a good asking price.  The mags are what was keeping my interest.

It is an interesting little rifle.  I was just looking at it as something new and different.
I remember a time at a Ohio Gun Collectors Assn show that I passed up a pre ban (this was about 1992) for $400, I passed it up for the same reason SMGLee brought up.  What happens if it breaks? Plus I didn't know what the hell it was. Daewoo who?  "Looks like a cheap Galil"

I think I will pass on this one guys, for the cash I can go out and buy an 8th Mauser K98 and still have lots of ammo money for my AR.
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Yea, I thought of that. Last time I traded a 105mm ammo crate full of 223 brass for 8 mags.  I had about 50 cents invested in what I gave him, and he had about the same in what he gave me.  I am going to try for the mags.  I have a lot more brass that I could give away!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]
dr200s at shows around here are marked a high as $800
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#8]
LOL

I know I have said this before.....but I love to gloat!!

I got my Daewoo K2 for $100 Canadian!!!!!

LOL

LOL

LOL

Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:11:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Stormbringer, how do/ do you  still have the rifle with whats going on up there?
We had a couple of reenactors (WWII)with Mauser K98s from Canada at a battle last year, they told us that they worked for a museum and had to "take them out for official repair" to even have them.  Don't know if that is BS or not, just thought I would ask. Things that bad up there?

I am fairly new to this board and have figured out most abriviations, but I can not figure out LOL.  Could you please explain that one to me.  Your rubbing it in will be much more effective if I understand what you are talking about.

If you do me that nice little favor I won't make any smart a$$ comments about $100 Canadian being about $10 American.  How the hell did you pull that deal off anyway?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 10:19:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Love my Daewoo DR 200!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2002 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Parts, parts, parts.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I know the lack of repair parts always come into question when regarding the Daewoo rifles. I have put maybe 1K of ammo through my AR-100 with not a single FTF. I have owned my Colt SP-1 since 1981, don't have any idea how much ammo run through it, no parts breakage on any of my rifles, my M1A, AKs, etc. have all been ultra reliable. I just think that these rifles were designed for full auto fire which stresses the gun much more than semi auto. I know being man made, anything can break at any time, but how many have had a serious malfunction of your rifle that is traced to the rifle itself, not ammo, modifications,etc.?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Raf.  Felt like an idiot for asking, but it helps to get with the program as early as you can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top